Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   My 2007 Accord has the build quality of an 87 Cadillac Cimmaron (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/my-2007-accord-has-build-quality-87-cadillac-cimmaron-21277/)

00AccordLX5spd 10-17-2008 04:45 PM

RE: My 2007 Accord has the build quality of an 87 Cadillac Cimmaron

I agree with the above. Gofind a 6th gen 5 spd (easier said than done) and drive it. You might actually like it better than the 5th gen. 5 more HP FTW! hahaha

RTexasF 10-17-2008 07:33 PM

My 7th gen was built in Japan and it has been bulletproof. Don't crap on all of them just because you got a turkey.

t00fatt 10-17-2008 08:06 PM

I believe my 7th gen is from Mexico, could just be the components I saw are made in Mexico. I recently hit 33k miles, and my brakes are still perfect, never had any window problems and I'm always using my windows. Not all cars are perfect, but I know a few people with 7th gens and I haven't heard of any problems. I'm sorry your having problems with your car, but its nothing like owning a Chrysler. My parents went through two 300m Lemons, not one but two! That's what happens when you replace a lemon with the same exact car.

smaglik 10-17-2008 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

My 7th gen was built in Japan and it has been bulletproof. Don't crap on all of them just because you got a turkey.
the 4cyl auto i had (07) didnt have any issue except the brakes.

and I will crap all I want wherever I want because the H on my hood stands for Hunk of **** in this case.

smaglik 10-17-2008 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

I believe my 7th gen is from Mexico, could just be the components I saw are made in Mexico. I recently hit 33k miles, and my brakes are still perfect, never had any window problems and I'm always using my windows. Not all cars are perfect, but I know a few people with 7th gens and I haven't heard of any problems. I'm sorry your having problems with your car, but its nothing like owning a Chrysler. My parents went through two 300m Lemons, not one but two! That's what happens when you replace a lemon with the same exact car.
that is what I was thinking...it is surprising to have all these issues, and disappointing as well.

smaglik 11-10-2008 12:55 PM

update...I took the car to the dealer in PHX over the weekend. they dismissed all my rattles and wiggles as 'vehicle operating normally.' they acknowledged that the rotors are warped again, but they wont cover it this time.

thank you, honda.

http://www.autotrader.comTHAT car is no longer listed For Sale

finch13 11-10-2008 01:04 PM

Oh noes! Well, it's sad to see her go but you deserve better. Back to an M3 now? Do eet.

smaglik 11-10-2008 01:06 PM

you know, it kinda sucks...cause I drive it, and its a ton of fun...but then i listen to all the rattles, and watch the front end shutter when i brake at high speed...and the fun really goes out of it.

i've been driving my 635 a lot....and i have my eyes on an E34 M5.

finch13 11-10-2008 01:12 PM

Very nice! That E34 would make a nice addition to your old school Bimmer collection!

This part of your ad almost slipped by me: "While I respect Nigerian princes, I do not care to sell my car to them. Have a good day." Hahahahah, that made my day, especially since I was once a victim.

smaglik 11-10-2008 01:17 PM

i am still feelin the e34 out, but it looks very promising. i would like to dump my accord prior to purchasing it, as it is now winterish here, and its not that easy to store many excess vehicles where I live, but we'll see.