Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Goodby 2014 Accord Coupe - Hello 2016 Optima SXL

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 06:25 PM
Cool Goodby 2014 Accord Coupe - Hello 2016 Optima SXL

Hi all,
Just wanted to say this is a great forum, lot's of info and communication. Just thought I say some things about my 2014 Accord Coupe EXL Navi. First the car has great stance! Really Looks Good. Bunch of things I did not like, first the vibration in the steering, hated it, the dealer told me Honda knows about it but there is no fix for it! Wow. Second, the red paint was not that great on the car, seem every time you touched the car it scrapped it, plus white undercoat so you seen lots of white marks from stone chips, scratches and scrapes, not very durable to me, and then the seats, not good for long trips, very bad for me, read lot's of other complaints about them as well. Also car is under powered, I wish Honda would learn about torque! To get any power you need to be way up in the RPM's. And my other complaint are the dealers sales people, they are the worse lol, Must be a special school they have to attend. I thought of trading it in on 2016/17 Accord Touring with V6, and best they would do on a trade was 18K (Canadian), only had 45,000 km on it, terrible! After months of testing other brands I loved the Kia Optima SXL, very nice car, loaded with everything! Lots of power, great seats and interior. And they gave me $22,157 for my trade, 4K more than Honda Dealership! So probably my last Honda. Anyways had to tell my story, and hope Honda can clean there act up and go back to better quality. And hope this info will help anybody buying one. Take care all.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:05 AM
Almost A Senior Member

I'm not going to "argue" cars to each his own however I wouldn't consider going from a Honda to a Kia an upgrade but that's just me. A four cylinder is a four cylinder if you want "fast" buy a bigger engine. I own a V6 Accord and the wife has a four cylinder I'm totally fine going from mine to hers, is it "slower" yes but it is a four cylinder and I can accept that. I'm not a "Honda for life" customer just sayin....