Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   where do people buy gas? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/where-do-people-buy-gas-9491/)

accord4sroy 05-10-2007 12:40 PM

where do people buy gas?

ok i go to bp, but where does everyone else fill up their accords? i don't run ethanol. just curious as to where you guys fill up. in the owner's manual it says to put detergent gasoline in.

WheelBrokerAng 05-10-2007 01:25 PM

RE: where do people buy gas?

ORIGINAL: accord4sroy

ok i go to bp, but where does everyone else fill up their accords? i don't run ethanol. just curious as to where you guys fill up. in the owner's manual it says to put detergent gasoline in.
Kind of a silly post to ask...so I'm going to be silly and say ...at the gas station...BP also...;)wasting more space aren't I?

WheelBrokerAng

poser_pilot6 05-10-2007 01:31 PM

Angelo, you beat me to it. I generally get my gas at the gas station as well.

I fill up on base, because its usually about seven cents cheaper per gallon on Ft Campbell than anywhere off post. Right now its at 2.69/gal.

19Accord97 05-10-2007 07:33 PM

BP, Shell, Mobil Only. Never have had a problem with fuel injectors or anything else unlike other people that we know who gets their gas from wherever.

RTexasF 05-10-2007 07:58 PM

Neighbor's house when they leave their car out.........
Are you asking what brand of gas? Valero for me unless I'm on the road then it's whatever.

in the owner's manual it says to put detergent gasoline in.....
ALL gasoline contains detergents. Some more than others but they all have it.

otsb708 05-10-2007 08:53 PM

Chevron

WheelBrokerAng 05-11-2007 12:12 AM

ORIGINAL: otsb708

Chevron This is what I think PoserPilot wears on his arm:D

smaglik 05-11-2007 09:22 AM

www.toptiergas.com

BMW actually recommends only using these manufacturers. However, its not always possible. I typically stay with Shell, BP, or Mobil. I see quite a difference in mileage on the Honda and perfromance on the M3 when I stray.

gliff159 05-11-2007 01:24 PM

wa-wa there gas sucks but that have good sandwitches proll switching to BP, shell

accord4sroy 05-11-2007 01:57 PM

well, first of all this is off topic. so, silly isn't a big deal. second of all, if you can't figure out i meant what brand of gasoline your iq has to be pretty low. i guess from now on i gotta state everything in lamen's terms.

thanks for the replies though! i am pretty sure your fuel system gets used to running a certain brand of gasoline.