Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Where I've been (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/where-ive-been-36934/)

00AccordLX5spd 12-21-2010 01:14 PM

Where I've been

Well guys, I know it has been months since I have been on here, and I will begin by apologizing for neglecting to visit the forum in so long.
I figured I would let yall know where I've been. This will probably be depressing to some folks, so if you don't want to read something depressing, stop reading now. Some of you already know some of what I am about to say.

On June 3, 2010, my son James was born. 8 lbs and perfect in every way.
About a week later, my wife was having shortness of breath and was told to immediately get a CT scan. She had a pulmonary embolism (blood clot on one of her lungs.) It was caught early enough to get her on blood thinners so nothing ever really came of that, although she is still on the blood thinners.
On August 7, 2010 while at a family reunion, we awoke at about 9:00 A.M. and tried to awaken James (9 weeks old at the time.) He was dead.
We have still not gotten the autopsy results, but everything so far leads to SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.) This basically means he stopped breathing in his sleep and they have no idea why.
On August 19, 2010, my wife fell and suffered a compression fracture to her L1 & L2 vertebrae. She had to spend a week in the hospital and just recently got out of a restrictive back brace she had to wear for 3 months.

That's pretty much the short version of it. My family is doing ok. We have a 3 year old girl who keeps us busy. I have just been really swamped at work from all the time I have had to take off for the baby delivery, the funeral, and my wife's medical problems.

I sincerely appreciate all fo the kind words I got from so many of you that had found out about my son's death.

I will try to get on here a lot more know that I am getting caught up with work. The 2000 LX is still running great. Not a single problem and it has almost 175k on it now. :)

live2rice 12-21-2010 01:39 PM

I am sorry to hear about your misfortunes and your loss, I can't imagine having to go through what you did.

We have been holding down the fort, slow as usual, except the spam aspect. There are a few new mods to help combat that.

WheelBrokerAng 12-21-2010 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jonathan and I have already talked about this a few times and I am very Happy that he is back with us again..

00AccordLX5spd 12-21-2010 02:00 PM

Thanks guys. I'm still lurking around on here looking at some of the new stuff that has gone on since I've been gone and seeing some of the new mods.
I hope I can remember enough stuff about working on Accords to help people like I used to haha. It has been so long since I have had a car problem I am afraid I might have gotten rusty. I got a Helm Manual for Christmas last year and I haven't even had consult it yet. I have opened it and read through some stuff though.

JimBlake 12-22-2010 10:13 AM

Welcome back. Tough stuff to have to go through; I can't even imagine how tough that was (having 2 kids myself).