Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Private 'Wanted' Classifieds (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/private-wanted-classifieds-19/)
-   -   lookin for a JACK!!! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/private-wanted-classifieds-19/lookin-jack-14402/)

nafango2 12-03-2007 03:36 PM

lookin for a JACK!!!

So a couple of weeks ago I had my car on jackstands, and while it was on jackstands my floor jack broke, and i couldnt get my car off the jackstands. so i decided "phluck it, if it falls of the stands it falls off" and I used my OEM scissor jack, because I had to drive my car to school the next day. So i put the scissor jack under the car and jacked it up, and it fell off the jackstands like I figured it would, no damage, luckily... except to the scissor jack, which bent after the car fell over. So if anyone has a spare OEM scissor jack lying around that I could buy, that would be greeaat. ty.

gravey86 12-04-2007 01:44 AM

RE: lookin for a JACK!!!

Ithink I still have one in excellent condition, let me check tomorrow to make sure.

klrspz 12-04-2007 09:07 AM

pepboys has a 2ton jack for like 29.99, add 10 bucks for 2 jackstands if you want the pack..

00AccordLX5spd 12-04-2007 09:26 AM

I'd check ebay. Then run around to parts stores in town. They should sell scissor jacks for cheap. Majestic Honda wants $26.06 for an OEM one that will fit in the little cubby in your trunk: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ry5=TOOLS-JACK
How in the crap did you break your floor jack?!! Get a new floor jack too!

This is a little off topic, but here is something I've been wondering: Is there a jacking point somewhere in the middle front of the car so you can jack up the whole front end then stick the jackstands under both sides instead of having to do one side at a time? It's sich a PITA to doeach side individually.

falkore24 12-04-2007 09:33 AM

junkyard FTW!!!

00AccordLX5spd 12-04-2007 09:34 AM

Yeah I'd go junkyard diving too. They probably would give it to you for like $5.

nafango2 12-04-2007 11:58 AM

It was actually my dads floor jack that broke, it broke cuz it was from the 70's. He used to have an old MG project car that he used it for, but he sold that when I was a kid. It started leaking every time you pumped it, but it still worked. Then it leaked all the fluid out that would normally go in the cylinder to pump it up... so there was a big puddle all over the garage.

I did get a new floor jack, but I want an OEM one to put in that little slot in case I get a flat.

Also, there is a center jack point. Its actually that tab on the front of the centerstand... I as amazed when I found out that it isnt welded on, its just part of the centerstand, thats why I never really knew until recently.

klrspz 12-04-2007 12:08 PM

00Accord, I don't know about your car, but on my 03 coupe there's an arrow about the size of half of a dollar bill pointing towards where i can jack up a single point.

the rear however I have to do each side individually.

00AccordLX5spd 12-04-2007 02:00 PM

Where abouts is the tab? MIddle in in front of the wheels, about in line with the wheels, behind the wheels? I got under the 5th gen and had to remove the splash guard once to change out a fan motor, but I didn't look for it cause I didn't know there was one.

nafango2 12-04-2007 03:16 PM

it isnt a tab so much as it is a horizontal loop... you DONT have to take off the splash guard to get to it, there is actually a little square cut in the splash guard that it sticks out of. its in the middle, a little over 1' forward of the wheels.
There is a rear one too actually, its that little towing tab right in the back. It looks really unsafe to jack it up from there, but thats where the service manual says to do it.

What I did before we had any jackstands was jack up the side, and i put a couple of old trailer tires we had lying around underneath each wheel. worked great, because the when you put a tire inside of another wheel, it sits INSIDE the wheel, so there is little chance that it will come out. Worked great, until I had to take a wheel off... then i bought some jackstands.
how exactly do you go about jacking up each side of the car before putting it on a jackstand? those little tabs for me are completely taken up by my floor jack.