Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights n Sounds (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-24/)
-   -   My totaled 95 Accord (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-24/my-totaled-95-accord-18053/)

finch13 04-25-2008 12:46 PM

My totaled 95 Accord

15 Attachment(s)
So as many of you know I totaled my Accord on St. Patrick's Day during the nice sleet blizzard we had here in the midwest. Car was totaled, I only had a liability insurance, so I didn't gain anything from the accident.

Was what damaged besides the car:

- Anzo Projectors were shattered, couldn't tell from the outside.
- AEM short ram intake has a dent from the battery slamming into it, mount is slightly bent. (If I can't mount it in my 6th gen it's getting cut and going into the Acura.)
- My MacBook Pro was in the backseat and slammed into my seat. Crushed the disc drive closed and had a 1/4" wobble to it that I bent back. I have to get a new lower case which is $250, but I have AppleCare so I can't do the labor myself. Who knows if they'll charge me just an arm and a leg or if they want the deed to myhouse as well.
- The $5 sunglasses in my pocket were bent to sh!t. They looked hilarious.

Here are some shots at the impound lot a few days after the accident:

Attachment 22649

The passenger side control arm was bent and pushed back into the wheel well. Thecurb rash is from me scraping a curb in St. Paul, not from the accident.

Attachment 22650

As you can see, the projectors look a-ok, but when I removed the bumper at home they just shattered into a million pieces.

Attachment 22651

Obviously the airbags deployed, what you can't see are the knee bolsters buckled. Upon a closer inspection the heating coil and fan were busted from their mounts on the firewall.

Hereis just a full 360* set of pics when it got dumped on my driveway that afternoon:

Attachment 22652

Attachment 22653

Even though I already took it off in this pic, after the whole accident and towing, the hood emblem was still completely intact.

Attachment 22654

Attachment 22655

For those of you that I have recommended the Eibach Pro-Kits to, this is what the 1.2" drop looks like fully settled on stock shocks.

Attachment 22656

Attachment 22657

Attachment 22658

You can see the dent form the power pole and the splinters in the door.

Attachment 22659

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...d/DSC00595.jpg

The side view mirror was folded in by the power pole and the glass was shattered.

Attachment 22660

I think the DryFlow filter absorbed most of the impact, as you can see, and saves the rest of the intake from becoming a spaghetti noodle.

Attachment 22661

Attachment 22662

Attachment 22663

So, that's the story with pictures. I replaced the 5th gen with a 1999 Accord LX 5 speed with the VTEC 2.3. The new one is black (I dunno if it's Flamenco or Nighthawk) and not blue like this one. I loved this color though, just because it looked black, blue or gray in different lighting conditions.

JkillaAcc02 04-25-2008 01:11 PM

RE: My totaled 95 Accord

ur still alive so thats all that matters.. and ur car... ehh that blows dude.

live2rice 04-25-2008 01:25 PM

I bet you could get quite a bit of money parting it out, alot more than a junkyard would give you.

sucks tho, should have just got another 5th gen then you would have a parts car..........unless you needed front end parts

finch13 04-25-2008 01:34 PM

I have been parting it out, WheelBroker just locked that thread the other day. I'm not getting money from the junkyard because he's a buddy of mine who towed it from the towing impound lot to my house for free as long as I gave him what was left, including the cat, when I was done.

I was looking at another 5th gen because all my aftermarket parts would have fit, but I couldn't find one with low enough miles for the asking price, or manual for that matter. I'm happy with the 6th gen as it looks and feels a lot more modern. Plus the extra 20 horses and VTEC are very nice compared to the 130hp and no VTEC w/ automatic I did have.

finch13 04-25-2008 01:37 PM

I'll post pics of the car as it is right now when I find my digi cam. It's totally gutted.

klrspz 04-25-2008 01:45 PM

damn finch, i missed the original post... glad you're alright...

It's a sad day in Accord-ville

finch13 04-25-2008 02:06 PM

Yeah, it's kind of old news, but I knew you guys would love some pictures.

falkore24 04-28-2008 11:53 AM

Man .... that's the cleanest, shiniest totalled car that I've seen in a long time. Sucks man!

finch13 04-28-2008 11:57 AM

I think I washed her a few days prior. It was really warm out and then BAM, snow storm. I really miss her, she had a lot of balls, but 6th gen should whoop some booty once I get this Kevlar clutch in... I'm tired of slipppage....

falkore24 04-28-2008 12:02 PM

If you're already going in there for the clutch, I'd recommend doing the flywheel at the same time. Fidanza FTW!!!