Sights n Sounds Post your video clips here!

Saw my first GT-R today!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Default RE: Saw my first GT-R today!

Speaking of "The first one I've seen"; has anybody seen one of the new Dodge Challengers? I've never really been a Mopar guy (Fords for me), but that Challenger is one of the hottest new cars I have ever seen. We have one here in town. It's orange with a black stripe down the middle. Not my ideal color choice(it needs to be solid black haha), but that thing makes me drool.

*Edit* - I just did a search on MSN. MSN claims the car has not ben released yet. If that is the case, then why have I seen the same one driving around town on 4 different occasions? They are supposed to be making it with a 6 speed true manual trans too. None of this paddle shifting lazy garbage. I'd take the Challenger over a GTR any day of the week. I don't care if the GTR is faster.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

I have seen a challenger as well, and I know for a fact that my local Dodge dealership has gotten one and sold it.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Yeah, I've seen a few at the dealerships, none driving around though.

Jon, enjoy a wallpaper that I made from a guys picture at the dealership:

Name:  challengerFINAL.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  258.4 KB

Old 10-08-2008, 11:54 AM

OK cool. When I saw MSN I thoughteither:
a) I'm an idiot; or
b) I have been hallucinating for a few days

I'm glad to see neither is truesince I saw the Challenger on two diferent occasions when I was driving the baby home form daycare.

Wel...I guess"a" could still be true......

I think b could be also. hehehe

Old 10-09-2008, 02:39 PM
90_ACCORD
Unregistered

i saw mine a couple months ago. people kept talking about how there was one in my area then one day i just happened to drive right by it. then i found out 2 weeks ago that a very good friend of mine has a friend that actually owns one. i couldnt believe that but i saw proof that he really did own it

Old 10-09-2008, 08:51 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

We have a bunch of SRT8's running around. All black, orange + black, and every day to class I see a cream colored w/ blue stripes on the interstate w/ dealer plates. Now I have seen a red one which has the v6 in it. The srt8's have the old pistol grip shifters. 6 speeds come out here in a few months.

Also, the first Hennessey Challenger has just been completed. 575 hp NA or. 725 hp super or turbo'd. The 620 hp runs under an 11. Carbon fiber pistol shifter. Hockey stick stripe. Crazy fast. Listen to her spin the tires all the way down the track!!! http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/22/p...ch-11-9-sec-1/

I LOVE MOPARS!!!!!!!!

GTR news. Transmission are beginning to get destroyed. There is a feature you are not supposed to turn off (VROC or something). Anyways, this guy broke his, took it to dealer, guys from Japan came over, downloaded info from the car, discovered he turned it off and says its not under warranty. New tranny = $20,000. 3 cases so far. My guess....lawsuit coming asap.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

lol perhaps you should have got a GT3 instead

Old 10-09-2008, 10:53 PM

Yeah, I live kinda in the sticks when it comes to new bad@$$ cars but i've seen multiple srt8 challengers around. Speaking of which, the upcoming winter project that i'm starting with my father in law is the ground up restoration of a 71 challenger with a 440. I'm on his butt every time i'm over there asking when we're starting, I think he's just about sick of me asking, so we're starting soon! I can't wait!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:38 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Lucky! I love the TA's!!! The 440 ought to provide plenty of fun! And for some reason, I think the only good looking car in purple is a Challenger. There is a guy w/ a beautiful purple Challenger and it looks just amazing. Our 1979 Dodge Lil Red Express has the 360 police interceptor motor....its a fun small block. We have to put in some new mufflers, it backfired a couple days ago and blew em at the seam! lol

Old 10-10-2008, 11:34 AM

yeah, R34 still my dream car...R34 Z-tune that is..LOL..haha..

bout that new Dodge Challenger... I saw one here in Daytona Beach,FL while i was driving home...

Quick Reply: Saw my first GT-R today!