Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights n Sounds (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-24/)
-   -   XM Radio Sounds Terrible -- Any Help? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-24/xm-radio-sounds-terrible-any-help-16405/)

kumazam 02-27-2008 06:35 PM

RE: XM Radio Sounds Terrible -- Any Help?

while the XM in my car (built in to the radio/receiver) doesn't sound as good as FM or CD, i wouldn't go so far as to say it sounds terrible... car came with tint on the rear window and smaller C-pillar windows, and ive heard that tint can effect satellite radio quality. mostly i notice the low's & bass don't sound as full

accrd94ex 02-29-2008 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: kumazam

while the XM in my car (built in to the radio/receiver) doesn't sound as good as FM or CD, i wouldn't go so far as to say it sounds terrible... car came with tint on the rear window and smaller C-pillar windows, and ive heard that tint can effect satellite radio quality. mostly i notice the low's & bass don't sound as full
I am not 100% sure but, tints should not cause a problem since from my understanding the attena is on top of the car

kumazam 02-29-2008 12:15 PM

i agree, my thinking as well... but i wanted to throw it out there just in case. my dad puta Sirius receiver (separate unit from the in-dash radio) and the antenna on the outside of the car as well and it sounded fine...

loki 03-04-2008 11:53 PM

I just tinted my 08 coupe this past week and was told by the dealer that if they put on a tint with any metal in it that it would absolutely interfere with my sat. radio, roof antenna or not. So there you are, one installers thoughts. Needles to say I used 'Formula One Pinnacle'. 15 in the the rear windows and 35 in the front side windows. I'm also adding TSW nogaro chrome wheels and MagnaFlow st. st. exhaust, busy week.

gomarlins3 03-05-2008 10:22 PM

Yes, the wrong tinting can damage your reception.

otsb708 03-06-2008 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: accrd94ex

ORIGINAL: kumazam

I am not 100% sure but, tints should not cause a problem since from my understanding the attena is on top of the car

Any cheap tint will mess with your reception. I had to eventually go with 3M because when I first got tinted it messed with the XM and my Navigation, so I had to get something without the huge amount of metal in it...