Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/suspension-14/)
-   -   2013 Honda Accord Front Axle Replacement (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/suspension-14/2013-honda-accord-front-axle-replacement-66194/)

alegrmz 10-15-2018 06:04 PM

2013 Honda Accord Front Axle Replacement

Hi! This is my first time posting in the Accord Forum, hopefully I can get some advice. I am looking into buying a 2013 Honda Accord. My '03 Accord was rear ended nearly a month ago and deemed a total loss. The insurance company offered to buy the car from me. I think that is best option since I live in Hawaii. (Body work is extremely expensive in Hawaii) After searching for a car, I found '13 Accord. However, the seller mentions that the front axle needs to be fixed. They also recently replaced the car's starter. After doing some research online, I learned that the front axle can be easily damaged by potholes and other things. I also called Honda and learned that there was a major recall involving batteries. Maybe that was cause for the new starter? Does anyone have experience with the front axle in '13 Accords? Please let me know! Thanks!

Seanjordan20 10-15-2018 06:13 PM

How many miles are on this accord? Axles needing to replaced at 5 years is crazy unless it's a high mileage car. Did you run a CARFAX to make sure it was not in an accident?

I replaced my axles at 8 years with 140k on the ticker. That averages out to 17k a year. It was on an 07 but they all should be getting around the same miles out of them.

alegrmz 10-15-2018 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Seanjordan20 (Post 382589)
How many miles are on this accord? Axles needing to replaced at 5 years is crazy unless it's a high mileage car. Did you run a CARFAX to make sure it was not in an accident?

I replaced my axles at 8 years with 140k on the ticker. That averages out to 17k a year. It was on an 07 but they all should be getting around the same miles out of them.

It only has 48,000 miles which is insane. I haven't checked the CARFAX on the car. I used other websites and no accidents were reported. The car has a clean title too! Any advice??

Seanjordan20 10-15-2018 06:20 PM

Wow. I can't think of a reason why it would need it so early. If this is a car you want I would have the person or you get a check on the car (alignment, suspension parts). Does he have a printout showing the car needs it form the dealership? Are they sure it is the axles and not something else? PM me the VIN if you have it

Seanjordan20 10-15-2018 07:12 PM

If you want this car get it inspected first. You are right it does have a recall on the car for the Battery management sensor but there is something other than the axle going on with the car. If she is selling it at a good price and the work needed is under retail value I would jump on it. For $7000 and the work should not be more than $2000 (if there is something other than the axle bad) that is still a win.

Seanjordan20 10-15-2018 07:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the CarFax

alegrmz 10-15-2018 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Seanjordan20 (Post 382604)
Here is the CarFax

Thanks for all the information you sent me. I really appreciate it! I am going to message the seller regarding the axle. Hopefully she can answer my question on why the car needs a new one and explain the damages on the car. Thanks again!