Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/suspension-14/)
-   -   Coil overs or air shocks (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/suspension-14/coil-overs-air-shocks-54780/)

Dmayjah 05-12-2013 12:35 AM

Coil overs or air shocks

Where can I get Coilovers for my 2008 accord lx. I see them for older accords and civics. Also can I put air shocks on it to lower it and adjust ride height

hondafreak91c 05-12-2013 03:08 AM

I think you are a bit confused. A true coilover is height adjustable, but you have to do it manually.

Air ride is a totally different setup.

Dmayjah 05-12-2013 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by hondafreak91c (Post 321335)
I think you are a bit confused. A true coilover is height adjustable, but you have to do it manually.

Air ride is a totally different setup.

That's true I was asking which is better in terms of adjusting it for ease and look. I was told I can't put air shocks on a Honda but I think I I find the right suggestion I'll go with coil overs

hondafreak91c 05-13-2013 04:25 PM

You can do air ride on a Honda. I have plenty of friends who have it. It is expensive though....not only do you have the air struts, you have to have compressors, the control switches, air lines........in all you will spend at the very least probably $2500.

I would personally go with coilovers. There are plenty of setups for your car. Just do some research.

-Koni Yellows/Ground Control coilover sleeves
-Function&Form Type 1 or Type 2
-D2
-KW
-Tein SS
-Tanabe Sustec Pro
-KSport

Dmayjah 05-14-2013 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by hondafreak91c (Post 321472)
You can do air ride on a Honda. I have plenty of friends who have it. It is expensive though....not only do you have the air struts, you have to have compressors, the control switches, air lines........in all you will spend at the very least probably $2500.

I would personally go with coilovers. There are plenty of setups for your car. Just do some research.

-Koni Yellows/Ground Control coilover sleeves
-Function&Form Type 1 or Type 2
-D2
-KW
-Tein SS
-Tanabe Sustec Pro
-KSport

Yep I've been researching and the best results come up for older Hondas but i will keep looking!

WheelBrokerAng 05-14-2013 09:56 AM

A Little Info Please

Originally Posted by Dmayjah (Post 321328)
Where can I get Coilovers for my 2008 accord lx. I see them for older accords and civics. Also can I put air shocks on it to lower it and adjust ride height

Do you have a 4cyl or a 6 Cyl.
It makes a difference in fit.

:D:):confused::p

hondafreak91c 05-14-2013 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dmayjah (Post 321528)
Yep I've been researching and the best results come up for older Hondas but i will keep looking!

Just search on eBay. 90% of the time, eBay is the place you find them cheapest.

For example....I searched "2008 honda accord tein ss" The first result is the correct item.

2008 honda accord tein ss | eBay

Just do that with the other suspension options (some may not be made for your car), but that will give you an idea of the price.