Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/suspension-14/)
-   -   Coilovers? Lowering Springs? Can someone please help me? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/suspension-14/coilovers-lowering-springs-can-someone-please-help-me-52878/)

cyeezy 02-07-2013 12:38 AM

Coilovers? Lowering Springs? Can someone please help me?

6 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, I have a 97 Accord LX (CD5). It sits pretty ugly and I was wondering what set up I should go with, without spending an ungodly amount of money if I can avoid doing so. It's got 93,000 miles on it btw (crazy right?! :D) and I'm pretty sure I need shocks or something first, whenever I go over speed bumps I can hear somewhat of a creaking sound. My main question is what do I need to get my wheels flush with the car? Coilovers? Lowering springs? Struts? :confused::confused::confused:

live2rice 02-07-2013 04:46 AM

What is your budget? Coil overs are definitely better than struts and springs. Function form cool overs are the best bang for the buck.

cyeezy 02-07-2013 02:29 PM

I would love to have function form, and I don't really have a set budget in my head. I'm only inquiring because my birthday is coming in a few months and I just wanna see what I should go with. I still also want a smooth ride considering this is my DD. And if I were to get coilovers would I need struts/springs/etc? I'm not familiar with all the components except that I was told if I were to lower my car I'd need some CV joints because the stock ones wouldn't last after I dropped the car.

live2rice 02-07-2013 03:38 PM

Coilovers are a all in one unit. As long as you don't absolutely slam it your CV joints should be fine. A camber kit and an alignment is always a good idea though.

cyeezy 02-09-2013 03:41 PM

If I didn't go with the coilovers what other options would I have? And would it be less than coilovers? I don't plan on slamming it either, just closing the gap between the wheel and fender. I do appreciate your help man!

live2rice 02-09-2013 05:44 PM

If you get regular lowering springs than I would get aftermarket struts to go with it. It will probably be a little less to do struts/springs than coilovers.

WheelBrokerAng 02-09-2013 07:57 PM

Coil-Overs would be your best way to go because you can adjust the mostly from 0" to 4" and in between where ever you like the look.

WheelBrokerAng :)

cyeezy 02-10-2013 11:21 AM

Okay, so if I were to go with struts and springs what are the most popular brands out there? I hear Koni struts are the most desired. What springs should I get? Like I said I still want a comfortable ride. This helps out a lot guys, thank you.

live2rice 02-10-2013 11:29 AM

Koni, kyb, bilstien are all good struts. For springs eibach is the most popular and best bang for the buck but it only lowers it about 2in which still is a little high on accords.

cyeezy 02-10-2013 12:23 PM

Okay cool, what about Tein springs?