Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/suspension-14/)
-   -   Coilovers - Which ones should I go with? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/suspension-14/coilovers-ones-should-i-go-19563/)

UAA 07-06-2008 11:28 PM

Coilovers - Which ones should I go with?

So I plan on doing a coilover upgrade on my F23 2001 Honda Accord LX.

So im stuck between Tein Basic's or Bilstein Sports. There isnt much of a price difference between the two. Every Honda owner ive seen likes Tein's, however my good friend got some Bilstein's on his BMW, and they work simply amazing, he has it all the way lowered and he still doesnt bottom out.. Im a little new into this suspension mumbo jumbo... so is there anything I need to know, or any advice yall can give me? What do yall think I should go with?

WheelBrokerAng 07-07-2008 10:14 AM

RE: Coilovers - Which ones should I go with?

Hey Uaa!
Did you ever get your coil-overs/ If so what did you end up buying?

WheelBrokerAng

tnguyen600 07-07-2008 12:30 PM

my buddy has a supercharged bmw. he loves his D2s. if your gonna get teins, save up a lil more and go for the superstreet set. you'll be glad you did.

UAA 07-07-2008 04:01 PM

Yeah Wheelbroker, im decided im going to save up for a full coilover set now that ive got a decent job

is there really that much of a difference between the basic and the super street?

JohnL 07-07-2008 06:18 PM

Bilstein = state of the art, Tein isn't even second best. Best set up would be Bilstein + any good quality uprated spring to suit your application.

falkore24 07-08-2008 08:15 AM

I agree with John that Bilstein + a good spring setup (Ground Control) is best ...... Tein SS is very good though. My 2000 sedan could hold 0.9g's with the SS setup. Tein SS-P if you want to upgrade to on-board controls for the dampening later on.

UAA 07-08-2008 09:28 PM

alright, im leaning more towards the Tein SS's... but i cant help to feel that the Bilstein's are might be better...

falkore24 07-09-2008 08:41 AM

Let me help settle your thoughts ....... Bilstein's ARE better. No question.

Tein SS is a full coilover. I had it along with all available braces, control arm front camber kit and Comptech sways. It was awesome.

You have a chice between a pieced system and a coilover system. They cost about the same, both also require camber kits and alignment. As far as dampers go, the Bilstein is 100% most definately a better damper. Both systems are high quality. It depends on the adjustment level that you want ...... if I were to do it again, I'd do the Ground Control CO sleeves on Bilsteins.

sUbLiMe96 07-09-2008 10:17 AM

Bilsteins are tight! I had them on my M3 years ago... Right now im running on a Full Apexi coilover set... ... Before my current setup, i had Ground Controls with those KYX/KGX/KYB (something like that???) .. And Im not sure if it was quality or the fact that I now have a full coilover setup, but my ride is more superior now w/ the Apexi system

UAA 07-24-2008 08:46 PM

alright, so im about to order some Tein's, but i was about to order, and i noticed that on the description for them it says v6 4dr/2dr... my accord is an I4 4dr... does it really matter?