Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/suspension-14/)
-   -   Dash lights on after tein spring install (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/suspension-14/dash-lights-after-tein-spring-install-58793/)

Goodman28 04-12-2014 09:04 PM

Dash lights on after tein spring install

I installed tein S tech springs on my 2013 accord sport and now my abs light, traction control light and electric steering lights are all on. The dealer is telling me there's nothing I can do about. Any help would be awesome!

poorman212 04-13-2014 06:23 AM

Did they check for codes? If so what were they.

Goodman28 04-13-2014 02:42 PM

No, the tech just told me I have to put it back to stock. I was thinking of disconnecting the battery to see if it will reset the computer. I also emailed tein to see what they say.

JimBlake 04-14-2014 11:02 AM

I'm sure they had to disconnect the ABS wheel sensors while changing the springs. Forget to plug something back in?

Half-fast 04-14-2014 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake (Post 343743)
I'm sure they had to disconnect the ABS wheel sensors while changing the springs. Forget to plug something back in?

That would be my guess... They could have also damaged a wire.

Head over to your local Advance Autoparts. I think they will check codes for free...

Goodman28 04-14-2014 02:59 PM

Oh ok I will check the codes there. I installed them myself the fronts were a pain in the butt but I went back over everything the next day with my buddy just to make sure I'm not blind haha

TexasHonda 04-14-2014 03:22 PM

These apparently change ride height. This may affect steering angle sensors, response and cause problems w/ ABS, TCS systems.

Did you change any tires? Change in tire diameter could also cause problems.

Best bet may be to return to stock condition.

good luck

redbull-1 04-14-2014 10:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Advance Auto may or may not have a reader/scanner capable of reading Honda ABS/TCS trouble codes.

Although the steering angle sensor can cause VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist)* issues and trouble codes, just changing the ride height would not generally affect the steering angle sensor. The steering angle sensor is part of the steering column. It is used to confirm the steering wheel position. The steering angle sensor for a 2013 Accord is shown in the attached images.

*Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) combines Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) and Traction Control System (TCS) with sideslip control.

Goodman28 04-15-2014 02:23 PM

I haven't got my hands a scanner yet because California won't allow autozone to give them out anymore. I have the stock wheels and tires just the spring drop of 1.4" front and .4" rear

TexasHonda 04-15-2014 02:36 PM

I don't know the following linked procedure will work for your year/model, but it works for many late model Honda/Acura products w/ Obd2. It's worth a try.

DIY: SRS Codes and reading them. - Club RSX Message Board

good luck