Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/suspension-14/)
-   -   Location of rear top hat's on honda accord (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/suspension-14/location-rear-top-hats-honda-accord-55290/)

onthedrums 06-12-2013 09:57 PM

Location of rear top hat's on honda accord

I have a 2006 honda accord sedan v6. I am planning on installing coilovers within the next few months. Can anyone tell me where the top hat's are in the rears I know in some car's you can accesses them from the trunk somewhere? I wasnt sure exactly where they are located.

If any of you know let me know! thanks!!

poorman212 06-15-2013 12:06 PM

I think I answered this in another thread of yours.

cwfmmr 07-29-2013 05:20 PM

If its anything like I've dealt with, should have to take out your trunk lining around the sides and it should be behind that.

onthedrums 07-30-2013 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by cwfmmr (Post 328110)
If its anything like I've dealt with, should have to take out your trunk lining around the sides and it should be behind that.

Thanks for your reply.

You are correct i ended up figuring it out. You just remove whats called the rear bulkhead cover. A user on here gave me a write up which help greatly!

I did get my front coilovers installed and i went to move onto thw rears and i was having trouble getting the stabilizer link off! It was making me frustrated so unfortunatly i have to pay to have the rears installed on monday. Lucky the guy is a local shop dude and his rates arnt bad. He said he would do it for 100 or less.

cwfmmr 07-30-2013 05:41 PM

May I ask what made you decide on coilovers over springs? I'm having that internal debate now on what I want to use

onthedrums 07-31-2013 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by cwfmmr (Post 328189)
May I ask what made you decide on coilovers over springs? I'm having that internal debate now on what I want to use

Of course you can because i was in your same situation. At first i was thinking hmm ill just get springs by looking at the price for springs vs coilovers but then i looked into it more on here, google, and youtube making my choice change to wanting coilovers instead. One of the main reasons is they are adjustable so come winter i can raise my car back up so i dont have any damage to my car during the winter. Also i got a coilover (function and form type 1) that was more better priced for my application. 599 shipped to my door. I installed the fronts myself but i had troubles with the rears so im paying 100 bucks to have the rears installed monday. So far the front looks great! Hope this helps let me know if you have any other questions.

cwfmmr 07-31-2013 03:41 PM

Any brand recommendations?

onthedrums 07-31-2013 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by cwfmmr (Post 328280)
Any brand recommendations?

I highly recommend function and form. They have a type 1 which is only hieght adjustable and a type 2 which is hight adjustable and dampening adjustable. So for the money i love function and form. I have also heard good things about tein and koni but im not familiar with those brands.

cwfmmr 07-31-2013 06:06 PM

I'm not familiar with this dampening you speak of O.o

hondafreak91c 08-01-2013 03:30 PM

Damping is the control of motion or oscillation, as seen with the use of hydraulic gates and valves in a vehicles shock absorber. This may also vary, intentionally or unintentionally. Like spring rate, the optimal damping for comfort may be less than for control.
Damping controls the travel speed and resistance of the vehicle's suspension. An undamped car will oscillate up and down. With proper damping levels, the car will settle back to a normal state in a minimal amount of time. Most damping in modern vehicles can be controlled by increasing or decreasing the resistance to fluid flow in the shock absorber.
In simple terms, damping is the force that stops the oscillation of the spring. The shocks act as the damping force for the spring. Adjustable damping means you control how fast/slow the shocks dampen the springs. Faster damping = stiffer ride. Slower = softer ride.