Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/suspension-14/)
-   -   so i wana drift right? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/suspension-14/so-i-wana-drift-right-9372/)

hazer89 05-05-2007 06:06 AM

so i wana drift right?

yea like i said i wana drift i got all stock suspension.....im about to get new eibach springs and drop it about 2 inches and get sum sicko rims and nice drifting tires....is that all i need for a good drift.....or so it atleast wont **** anything up?

live2rice 05-05-2007 09:02 AM

RE: so i wana drift right?

if you have a accord no, you cannot drift in a accord, you need a RWD.
but if you have a RWD you also need a LSD

poser_pilot6 05-05-2007 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: live2rice

if you have a accord no, you cannot drift in a accord, you need a RWD.
but if you have a RWD you also need a LSD
Oh no my friend, you can "drift" in an Accord, but you have to use the e-brake to do your slides. And it helps if you have an insane amount of power, and the back end of the car weighted down to keep momentum in your slide.

hazer, if you seriously want to try this, you want to brace your suspension as much as possible. And coilovers are a better bet for drifting.

live2rice 05-05-2007 03:16 PM

or you could just buy a 240

hazer89 05-05-2007 04:45 PM

hey rice boy i really dont know anything your talking about besides that pilot what would be a decent brand of coilovers and a good amount to spend on them.....and doesnt hittin your e-brake kinda **** up ur car??

poser_pilot6 05-05-2007 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: live2rice

or you could just buy a 240
Yeah, you could. Or you could buy a Supra. Or you could buy an AE86. Or an RX-7. Thats not the point. The point is, work with what you have, and do something different. It can still be done.

ORIGINAL: hazer89
besides that pilot what would be a decent brand of coilovers and a good amount to spend on them.....and doesnt hittin your e-brake kinda *mess* up ur car??
I wouldnt go with anything mega cheap. Something like Eibach would be good, coilovers are just nice because they are adjustable, and you can play with it some to get the right setup for drifting your car. You cant do that with springs.

As far as e-braking being overly abusive to your car, well, lets not forget what conventional drifting is. In a rear wheel drive car, you are overloading power to the rear wheels and spinning them so fast that they cant hold traction. Either way, you are putting unneccesary stress on some component of the car. Drifting requires a decent budget, because stuff WILL break. Guaranteed.

hazer89 05-05-2007 08:52 PM

yaa wish i had the money for some tight coilovers...guess il go with some springs but im not willing to spend like 250 on eibachs anything else good?

RTexasF 05-05-2007 09:36 PM

You need to do some real investigation concerning drifting. Learn everything you can before you charge into it unarmed without any knowledge of how it works and how much it will cost you at every race. It ain't cheap and usually calls for rear drive cars.

j_man_honda 05-05-2007 09:51 PM

Is there any way to adjust your e-brake where it will halt the car faster, or any aftermarket part that will stiffen it up? I have a 98 eclipse (everyday driver)and i'm interested in drifting also.

live2rice 05-06-2007 12:16 AM

i'm sorry, but FWD drifting still...............its just e-braking it isnt exactly drifting, your never going to get the length out of a FWD than a RWD.

and find me one car on the D1 circuit that is FWD

240sx-$500
SR20DET-$2000
actually drifting-priceless

you can even drift with a stock 240 if you use crappy enough tires