Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

creaking sound from turning the wheel

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 10:22 PM
Exclamation creaking sound from turning the wheel

I have a 1999 Honda Accord .When i turn my wheel at low speed or no speed you can hear my car creaking, I've checked my power steering fluid and replaced the belt to the motor. Still the problem persist. I took the wheel off to take a look and there was some rubber piece that was dry rotted and i could see grease inside it. I wanna say that's the problem. What do you guys think? My friend said it could be a bad axle but i think its the, don't quote me on this, tire rod arm bushing, because its exposed to the dirt and what not. Also there's this fog horn like noise when I'm coming to a stop when braking. I don't even know where to begin with that. Please help guys?!

Last edited by pepe_teh_meme; 11-26-2018 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Car info
Old 11-27-2018, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

How about a photo of the part you think is cracked & grease inside of it.

The axle is big, and it connects into the very center of each front wheel. The large rubber boots can split & there's grease inside that can spray all over the place.

The tie-rod comes from the steering rack & it has a little ball-joint at the end. If the rubber boot over the ball joint is torn, the grease gets out or gets dirty or whatever, then the ball joint doesn't move as nice and it's common to make creaking noises. If that's it, get it replaced which also involves getting a suspension alignment.

If that ball joint comes apart while you're driving, that tire is suddenly going to turn sideways and that's not a real good thing if it happens on a highway.

Old 07-14-2021, 10:20 PM
Default I have the same issue on my "just bought 2008 Honda accord EX-L V6"

Originally Posted by pepe_teh_meme
I have a 1999 Honda Accord .When i turn my wheel at low speed or no speed you can hear my car creaking, I've checked my power steering fluid and replaced the belt to the motor. Still the problem persist. I took the wheel off to take a look and there was some rubber piece that was dry rotted and i could see grease inside it. I wanna say that's the problem. What do you guys think? My friend said it could be a bad axle but i think its the, don't quote me on this, tire rod arm bushing, because its exposed to the dirt and what not. Also there's this fog horn like noise when I'm coming to a stop when braking. I don't even know where to begin with that. Please help guys?!
The guy I bought my car from says it's that he will replace upper and lower ball joints should I have him do the tie rod or tie rod components as well and alignment if he wouldn't?

He claims he's never heard this issue before me buying and sending him a video of this loud obnoxious noise...sigh Says I must have hit a bump in the 60 miles I drove it after buying it. He's full of it, I bet this is why he sold it.

I seem to have to drive the car for a little while before the noise gets loud and definitely very noticeable did you ever get this issue fixed??

Please help!!