Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/suspension-14/)
-   -   ? On sway and springs on 06 accord (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/suspension-14/sway-springs-06-accord-58899/)

Pearness 04-24-2014 05:54 PM

? On sway and springs on 06 accord

Hi Guys,

I have an 06 accord. Since I bought it (used) I have found that it sways a lot when I make a turn whether it's sharp or not. Anyone else have that problem?

I also hear some noises near the back tires. It's not my brakes because I recently had those changed And my boyfriend and I concluded that it was the springs. So if that's the case, I'm hoping to swap out the springs for some coilovers in hopes of solving both problems. Any recommendations? I realize that there are plenty threads on coilovers however, since I don't plan on slamming my car do you guys have any recommendations that are a decent price for both issues? Anything helps.

Thanks

WheelBrokerAng 04-24-2014 07:42 PM

Welcome pearness:)

Look to the right >>>>>>> and you will see some of our sponsors who sell springs, coil overs and performance shocks for your car..go in to their sites and see what they have for you..

Thank You for joining the HAF :)

Scottwax 04-27-2014 10:42 AM

You can pick up the front and rear TL Type S anti-roll bars and D bushings at your local Acura dealer for under $200, that will greatly increase roll stiffness while leaving your car at stock height. Be a whole lot cheaper than going with coilovers.

shipo 04-27-2014 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pearness (Post 344315)
Hi Guys,

I have an 06 accord. Since I bought it (used) I have found that it sways a lot when I make a turn whether it's sharp or not. Anyone else have that problem?

I also hear some noises near the back tires. It's not my brakes because I recently had those changed And my boyfriend and I concluded that it was the springs. So if that's the case, I'm hoping to swap out the springs for some coilovers in hopes of solving both problems. Any recommendations? I realize that there are plenty threads on coilovers however, since I don't plan on slamming my car do you guys have any recommendations that are a decent price for both issues? Anything helps.

Thanks

When I bought my used 2001 Accord I noticed rear end noise and an alarming wiggle or sway when I'd enter a turn; ended up being a rear hub with bearings so worn I could wobble the wheel back and forth.

Pearness 04-28-2014 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Scottwax (Post 344465)
You can pick up the front and rear TL Type S anti-roll bars and D bushings at your local Acura dealer for under $200, that will greatly increase roll stiffness while leaving your car at stock height. Be a whole lot cheaper than going with coilovers.

Thanks for the recommendation! What year Acura TL type S anti-roll bars and D bushings do you recommend?

Pearness 04-28-2014 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by shipo (Post 344470)
When I bought my used 2001 Accord I noticed rear end noise and an alarming wiggle or sway when I'd enter a turn; ended up being a rear hub with bearings so worn I could wobble the wheel back and forth.

Thanks!

Scottwax 04-30-2014 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pearness (Post 344534)
Thanks for the recommendation! What year Acura TL type S anti-roll bars and D bushings do you recommend?

2007 TL-S 27 mm solid front bar is 51300-SEP-A21
TL-S 20 mm solid rear bar is 52300-SEP-A11

You can either get the OE D bushings from the dealer when you order, or get urethane D bushings (which compress less and make the bars respond to lean more quickly through Energy Suspension. Get the proper bushings for the diameter of the bars.