Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires & Wheels (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-15/)
-   -   2007 Accord tired recommendation (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-15/2007-accord-tired-recommendation-50164/)

pai06 09-11-2012 05:37 PM

2007 Accord tired recommendation

Hi
I live in Albany, NY. I want to buy the 4 new all season tires. Any tire suggestions or any deals available right now?

I mostly drive in highway.

Thanks

accord1224 09-11-2012 07:37 PM

I don't know of any deals.. but if your planning on keeping the car for another 2 to 3 years.. buy Michelin.

I have found that to be the best tire for the money... hands down.. even though they are usually the most expensive.. they are the cheapest in the long run...they ride best, and last the longest

Brian B

GeoAccordZantac 09-12-2012 09:57 AM

Go to Tire Rack and enter the size of the tires for your vehicle. See what ones are available, then look a the tests done by their staff as well as the surveys submitted by the customers. That should give a good idea of what to look for. I have an 07 SE V6 so my choices were limited, but I have Michelin Primacy MXV4 "V" speed rated tires on my car and have been very pleased with them. Like accord1224 said, they are a good value in the long run even though it seems like they are way too expensive at the time of purchase.

pai06 09-14-2012 08:05 PM

Thanks everyone. It's helpful info for me. I will take a look on Tire Rack.

pai06 09-15-2012 06:25 PM

Just came back from tire shop changing tires to Michelin Primacy MXV4 92H
At first I thought mechanic would change to 92V. I asked them and they said they're pretty much the same but the 92V can carry the weight more than 92H and 92V is good for high speed drive like 140mph+ which we would not drive fast like that.

Anyone has any idea 92H is OK and how much different than 92V?

GeoAccordZantac 09-18-2012 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by pai06 (Post 296361)
Just came back from tire shop changing tires to Michelin Primacy MXV4 92H
At first I thought mechanic would change to 92V. I asked them and they said they're pretty much the same but the 92V can carry the weight more than 92H and 92V is good for high speed drive like 140mph+ which we would not drive fast like that.
Anyone has any idea 92H is OK and how much different than 92V?

Load Index 92 1389 lbs 630 kg
Speed Rating H 130 mph210 km/hSport Sedans & Coupes V 149 mph240 km/hSport Sedans, Coupes & Sports Cars

The information above was copied off of the Tire Rack website in the "Tire Tech Inforamtion" section. As you can see, both have the same exact load index (92), the only difference is the speed rating. When I looked at your vehicle on the Tire Rack website most of the available choices were H-rated, with a smaller amount of V-rated tires available. That tells me that you should be OK with H-rated tires. For my vehicle (07 SE V-6), it was the opposite, so I ended up with V-rated tires which are more expensive than H-rated tires. So, if you don't need them, save your $!

JimBlake 09-20-2012 06:23 PM

Yeah, it's the 92 that indicates the load-carrying capacity.
H and V indicate the speed rating. True, you (probably) aren't gonna go faster than 130. Some shops refuse to put lower speed ratings on, because the car is capable of exceeding 130. Some common sense should apply here...

Sometimes (not always) a V-rated tire is stiffer and will feel more "sporty" than a H-rated tire. But usually you can't make a DIRECT comparison because not many tires are available in both ratings in the same size.