Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires & Wheels (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-15/)
-   -   2013 Accord coupe v6 wheel size (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-15/2013-accord-coupe-v6-wheel-size-51970/)

Mdevine 12-20-2012 07:21 PM

2013 Accord coupe v6 wheel size

This car comes with 18 inch wheels. I would like to have a winter set of wheels and tires in 16 or 17 inch size. Any thoughts on what could fit? Tirerack does not show smaller size options.

Thanks

WheelBrokerAng 12-23-2012 01:14 PM

Hello Member

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Mdevine (Post 305887)
This car comes with 18 inch wheels. I would like to have a winter set of wheels and tires in 16 or 17 inch size. Any thoughts on what could fit? Tirerack does not show smaller size options.

Thanks

You would have to go with all 4 wheels if your going to change over to just winter tires and rims in smaller sizes.
This will cost you a small fortune for TPMS sensors and reprogrameing of every thing to do with those rims and tires..

I don't think it would be worth it myself.

WheelBrokerAng :)

redbull-1 12-23-2012 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mdevine (Post 305887)

Thanks

Tire Rack does show 16" and 17" wheel and tires for winter/snow that can work for your car that came with 18" OEM wheels.

Winter / Snow Tires

The 2013 Accord comes with an indirect TPMS that doesn’t use tire pressure sensors mounted inside the tires. Instead, it uses the existing VSA wheel speed sensors to monitor and compare tire characteristics while driving.

The TPMS low tire pressure warning on the dash may stay on after you change wheel sizes. Honda may or may not have the software updates on their HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) available yet to reprogram for the different wheel size change. They are still working on software updates for wheel size changes for some of their different model 2013 Accords.

redbull-1 12-23-2012 09:25 PM

To recap: 2013 Accord don't use TPMS sensor inside each wheel. No swapping of TPMS sensors or buying extra TPMS sensors are necessary like the previous generation Accords (2008-2012).

Reprogramming of the car's computer may be necessary if the TPMS light the dash comes on due to a tire/wheel size change. For certain models and wheel size changes, the TPMS light will either stay on all the time or just come on sooner for low tire pressure. Honda may or may not have the software updates yet on their HDS to reprogram for certain wheel size changes and model trim levels. You may have to contact the dealership if they have the software available yet for whichever wheel size change you may go to.