Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires & Wheels (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-15/)
-   -   Best OE Tires for Honda Accord? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-15/best-oe-tires-honda-accord-66926/)

stefanjenkins 07-17-2019 10:39 AM

Best OE Tires for Honda Accord?

Hello, I'm currently looking into wear of OE tires for Honda Accords. If you have any knowledge of the stock tires that come with a Honda Accord, please take the survey below. The survey is only 2 questions and will take less than a minute of your time:

Survey Monkey Link

The tires under consideration are:

Hankook Kinergy GT H436 - 225/50R17
Michelin Energy Saver A/S - 225/50R17
Goodyear Eagle Touring - 235/40R19
Continental ContiProContact - 235/40R19
Michelin Primacy MXM4 - 235/40R19

Thank you for your time. Please feel free to leave any comments in the forum below.

shipo 07-17-2019 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by stefanjenkins (Post 386170)
Hello, I'm currently looking into wear of OE tires for Honda Accords. If you have any knowledge of the stock tires that come with a Honda Accord, please take the survey below. The survey is only 2 questions and will take less than a minute of your time:

Survey Monkey Link

The tires under consideration are:

Hankook Kinergy GT H436 - 225/50R17
Michelin Energy Saver A/S - 225/50R17
Goodyear Eagle Touring - 235/40R19
Continental ContiProContact - 235/40R19
Michelin Primacy MXM4 - 235/40R19

Thank you for your time. Please feel free to leave any comments in the forum below.

What are you trying to achieve from this survey?

stefanjenkins 07-17-2019 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by shipo (Post 386171)
What are you trying to achieve from this survey?

I'm trying to see if it is worth it to look for a dealer with a specific brand of tires over another. I usually prefer Michelin, but I've noticed Hankooks on a dealer near me. I figured someone here might know more?

JimBlake 07-17-2019 01:07 PM

There's too many sides to the "best tire" questions. Best ride comfort? Best traction in the snow? Best tread life? Best cornering on a dry track? As much as the tire companies advertise, there is NO SUCH THING as a tire that does it all.

I have a co-worker who doesn't like his Accord because he says the ride is too harsh. To me his car is too soft. He and I would never pick the same tire as "the best choice". Neither one of us is right or wrong...

shipo 07-17-2019 01:12 PM

The problem with asking about tires is different makes and models are "the absolute best" depending upon one's point of view; a grippy summer tire with only 15,000 miles of tread life will be the best for some, high mileage/low traction tires may be the best for others; for the rest of us, somewhere in the middle is the best. Regarding brand, this can be rather irrelevant; while Michelin generally makes good tires, they make some crap ones as well; same thing for Pirelli, Bridgestone, Continental, and Hankook.

In lieu of a survey here where you're only likely to get a handful of responses, go to TireRack (or one of the other major online tire vendors) and read the reviews and test reports for the tires in your size; this will arm you with WAY more useful knowledge than what you'll be able to glean from this thread.