Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires & Wheels (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-15/)
-   -   Need Help With What Wheels Will Fit 1998 Accord Sedan (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-15/need-help-what-wheels-will-fit-1998-accord-sedan-61188/)

_98Accord 03-17-2015 01:18 AM

Need Help With What Wheels Will Fit 1998 Accord Sedan

Hey Everyone.

I'm fairly new to the Honda scene. I've tried doing as much research as I could before posting here. But I can't seem to fully grasp what will & will not fit on my car, as far as wheels go.

I want new wheels for my car, either 17 or 18 inch. But I don't want it too look funny or stick out to much. So what offset would I need? Or not need?

I drive a 1998 Honda Accord Sedan, V4. 4x114.3 Lug pattern if that helps. Also, I believe my car is lowered already about 1.5-2 inches? I'll double check that. But please, any help is appreciated. If you drive the same car with wheels about the size that I want that would be great. Lead the way for me.

JimBlake 03-17-2015 12:25 PM

TireRack (www.tirerack.com) is a great resource for that. Go through the motions of shopping for wheels, and all the choices it gives will tell you a range of offsets that will work.

shipo 03-17-2015 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by _98Accord (Post 357422)
Hey Everyone.

I'm fairly new to the Honda scene. I've tried doing as much research as I could before posting here. But I can't seem to fully grasp what will & will not fit on my car, as far as wheels go.

I want new wheels for my car, either 17 or 18 inch. But I don't want it too look funny or stick out to much. So what offset would I need? Or not need?

I drive a 1998 Honda Accord Sedan, V4. 4x114.3 Lug pattern if that helps. Also, I believe my car is lowered already about 1.5-2 inches? I'll double check that. But please, any help is appreciated. If you drive the same car with wheels about the size that I want that would be great. Lead the way for me.

I think 17s are about as large as I would go for the wheels. As for the engine in your car, I don't think Honda has ever built a V4 engine; what you have is an I4 engine.

_98Accord 03-17-2015 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake (Post 357450)
TireRack (www.tirerack.com) is a great resource for that. Go through the motions of shopping for wheels, and all the choices it gives will tell you a range of offsets that will work.

Thank you, I will definitely check that out

_98Accord 03-17-2015 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by shipo (Post 357452)
I think 17s are about as large as I would go for the wheels. As for the engine in your car, I don't think Honda has ever built a V4 engine; what you have is an I4 engine.

I'm leaning more towards 17's anyways. Just don't know how wide I'm able to go with certain offsets so that I don't need to roll the fenders or anything.
And my fault lol, l4

shipo 03-17-2015 03:40 PM

I was looking at putting 17x7.5 wheels (wrapped with 215/50 R17 tires) on my 2001 and all of the online vendors have language like, "215/50-17 tires have very rounded sidewalls and may require a rear fender lip roll. There isn't a better size to use in 17" to have the correct height. "

I assume my car would be okay as it hasn't been lowered, however, if you're was lowered you might have to either roll the fenders or opt for 16" wheels.

_98Accord 03-18-2015 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by shipo (Post 357468)
I was looking at putting 17x7.5 wheels (wrapped with 215/50 R17 tires) on my 2001 and all of the online vendors have language like, "215/50-17 tires have very rounded sidewalls and may require a rear fender lip roll. There isn't a better size to use in 17" to have the correct height. "

I assume my car would be okay as it hasn't been lowered, however, if you're was lowered you might have to either roll the fenders or opt for 16" wheels.

Damn. I kind of did not want to roll the fenders or do any extra work lol. But I don't want smaller than 17". There was actually some 17x9 wheels with +25 offset that I found that I really liked. Wasn't sure if that would require the fenders to be rolled or not.

JimBlake 03-18-2015 11:10 AM

Probably require rolling the fenders.

Without looking it up, I bet widths would more likely be 7 rather than 9. And offsets in the 35 mm neighborhood.

hondafreak91c 03-20-2015 11:38 PM

17x9 +25 is pretty aggressive, and if your car is at stock height, they will poke out a lot.

For a simple plug and play setup, something in the range of 17x7 to 17x8 with a +30 to +45 offset will fit without issue. Assuming you go with an appropriate tire size as well.

As far as fender rolling, its super easy and cheap. $80ish is the going rate to get it done by someone who knows what they are doing. If you are lowered definitely worth the investment to avoid rubbing, and especially the front fender tabs cutting into your tires.