Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   West (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/west-33/)
-   -   I Need Transmission Help In Bay-Area(entire area) & Fresno (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/west-33/i-need-transmission-help-bay-area-entire-area-fresno-36777/)

elgwedoloco 12-13-2010 11:50 AM

I Need Transmission Help In Bay-Area(entire area) & Fresno

Hey HAF, maybe I don't know how to search good enough, I know about going to the advance and all that stuff and being more specific. If there is a thread that can answer this question please point me to it and how did you search for it. Thanks in advance for helping.

Ok now that I got that out of the way:

Details about make model and all that is in my signature. I figure if it is there then every time I post people will know what application I am pertaining to.

I am looking for:
A) Reliable shops that can R&R the tranny
B) Reliable shops that can do the Auto to Manual conversion(this is my preference)
C) Someone who in the area that wouldn't mind wrenching and guiding me through this.

Wish me luck HAF, I live in Fresno and my trans went out in Oakland(where the car and I are currently at) Shops in Fresno seem to all have bad reputation so I think it best I do this up here. Again, thanks in advance for any feedback.

Padillaz 12-13-2010 01:10 PM

Wow that really sucks, sorry I can't be of any help since I'm stationed in Camp Pendleton otherwise I would help out since I used to live in the Bay Area.

I'm currently working on getting my CD5 converted from auto to manual as well and I can ask family and friends who live up there and see what they recommend if you want?

elgwedoloco 12-13-2010 01:23 PM

That would be cool man. I've called a bunch of places so far this morning. all but 1 say they wont touch the conversion, 1 said his tech would call me back with a quote. Other than that its a Accord or Prelude automatic. That I can do no problem. My only concern is if I use the prelude trans then will I need the ECU match? I guess I'll find out when the time comes. They are the same price, $750(Shop claims less then 70K on the trans and gives a 1 year warranty), thats the cheapest I could find unless I go on ebay/craigslist.

Padillaz 12-13-2010 01:31 PM

What do you have so far as far as the manual trans? If you don't have one yet you can get them from shops online. I know a shop down here that does all that maybe they can ship to you? Have you called WekSos in San Jose? There are a few shops in Hayward and Fremont too...

elgwedoloco 12-13-2010 02:17 PM

calling right now...thanks dude...I don't have any working trans right now...just went out last night...when i figure out what i can afford I will go that way...its probably going to be another auto for now though ={

elgwedoloco 12-13-2010 02:18 PM

Oh yeah, and I am waiting for a call from N1 Concepts in Hayward

elgwedoloco 12-13-2010 02:24 PM

The shop in So Cal your talking about...is it Gen5Alive?

Padillaz 12-13-2010 02:33 PM

No I don't recommend that place, last time I was there they took way too long to do my rebuild and my car came back with other stuff wrong with it plus they have too many issues as it is.

I found a few shops down here called JDM Unlimited and JDM concepts here in Oceanside, they could possibly do the conversion.

elgwedoloco 12-13-2010 02:35 PM

Yea I heard a lot of bad stuff about Gen5....never heard anything good...the only problem with shops down south is that is a long ways to tow a car

Padillaz 12-13-2010 02:38 PM

You have some decent shops there in the bay area too, just gotta call/ask around and you will find them. I have found that word of mouth is the best advertisement for any business. The "a fore mentioned shop which we do not speak of" is more of a internet business now and not what it used to be, unless you just want an oil change or buy bolt on mods or dress up items. If I would have known then what I know now I would have waited and asked many peeps before leaving my car there for a rebuild.