Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

8th Gen Stereo Replacement (W/ Nav)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 01:35 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Ok so I got it to set up and working but the radio does not work. I changed the station and it's all static. Also my steering wheel controls for sound does not work. What am I doing wrong.

Old 04-25-2024, 01:49 PM
Newest Of Newbies

There is a slot on the new face set up and it has a antenna slot. Do I need to get a antenna for the new set up? I have it sideways on the pic but it's the top right corner of the pic and it says ANT. Do I suppose, I need a antenna for it to get my radio up and running other then run it through my factory radio?

Old 04-25-2024, 04:02 PM
Ash
Newest Of Newbies
Default Radio and steering wheel control

Can you please answer following questions,
1) Is the radio working on your Factory stereo?
2) There is a factory AM/FM antenna that can be used with either your new radio or factory radio.
if you want to run radio on both of the units, you then have to install a separate AM/FM antenna and then you can connect new antenna to new radio.
3) With regards to steering wheel control, can you please share photos of your factory radio and photo of your steering wheel, showing buttons.
4) is the time issue fixed?

Old 04-25-2024, 05:37 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Yes the factory radio still works. How do I get access into the factory antenna? Or where can I get antenna so I can use both? Also, after listening to music. I notice there is only sound coming from one side. If I switch the plugs around, I can get it to on the side but only one side has sound.

For the steering wheel, i have the can-bus hook up and the 8-pin plugged into the new setup and the steering wheel buttons still dont work. Pics below. By the way the clock works on the factory unit.

Old 04-25-2024, 06:19 PM
Ash
Newest Of Newbies

Harness that you have purchased is not compatible with the version of your car.
You have three issues, here is what I would suggest,

1) CAN bus unit is not compatible with Honda Accord. Please remove it. That might restore streeing wheel control function for your factory radio. Don't be concerned if your factory radio steering wheel control buttons don't work. We will have to take a separate approach.
Note: Your new radio is not compatible with steering wheel control buttons. Save time by using touch buttons on the new radio.
2) To address audio issue. try to follow following steps,
a) Play the audio on the new radio.
b) Disconnect one RCA connector at a time and identify problematic RCA connector.
c) Leave the working RCA connector connected to the RCA to aux cable. You should be able to hear music from one speaker.
d) Try to connect faulty RCA connector to rear speaker left or right RCA cables of your new radio. If you hear the sound coming from second speaker, then you can leave the second RCA connector connected.
e) if you don't hear sound from second speaker, then change the RCA cable.
f) if changing RCA cable does not help then the wiring harness of your new radio might be causing the problem. We will have to then chop few cables to get this fixed, reach out to me and I can help identify the problematic cables.

3) With regards to factory antenna, it will only work with one of the two radios. if you want to connect cars builtin FM antenna to your new radio then you need to buy factory antenna retention harness.
Note: You might find the audio quality of factory radio better than new radio. However, it is your call and above method should get your new FM/AM radio going.

Last edited by Ash; 04-25-2024 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:11 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thank you Ash, I really appreciate the help. I will try everything this weekend and hopefully get it to work. I ordered a new 3.5mm cable and got a factory antenna harness as you said. Should be here by the weekend and hopefully get it to work. Anyway, I was wondering about your set up. I notice it is Sony brand. Which model do you have? I have the same setup as you with the factory navigation and the display underneath it.

Old 04-26-2024, 04:28 PM
Ash
Newest Of Newbies

You are welcome . My vehicle is very similar to yours. Mine doesn’t have Bluetooth calling buttons. Mine also had factory reverse camera. I have shared complete installation details along with photos, on this forum.
Quiet satisfied with the new headunit
I have installed front camera and looking to install front and rear parking sensors. For the front parking sensors, I want front camera display to appear automatically when front parking sensors are triggered.
Let’s see if I am able to get it working 🤞

Old 04-26-2024, 08:03 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Hey Ash it’s me again. So the new 3.5mm to rca cable does not work either. Only one side of the car is playing audio. I tried to switch everything around and nothing. It only works on one side. I even unplug all the plugs and just have the aux cable plug in and I get audio on one side only. I am not having hope with this unit. The antenna is coming tomorrow and I am sure it won’t work.

I can not find any head unit online and I don’t want two screens. What model is your head unit? Everything online, i have to replace the factory radio and have a second screen.

Old 04-26-2024, 08:13 PM
Ash
Newest Of Newbies

it is all right. Can you perform following test and share your findings.
From the back of your factory head unit. Remove the wiring harness of your new head unit. Reinstate original connections.
then try to connect your phone to the Aux pin in the glove box. If you are able to hear sound from both speakers, your cars factory Aux connection and your original head unit are intact.
If it works the. We will have to make some changes to your after market wiring harness.
I will try to respond ASAP, as it is weekend.

Last edited by Ash; 04-26-2024 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:00 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Hey sorry about bothering you but whenever u get a chance.
I plugged everything factory back in and of course its working fine other then the aux because i have no ports to plug the male adapters on.

I plugged the aux male end into the new unit and it's not working because there is no power coming into the new unit. So I plugged back the power source for the new unit back into the factory radio and connected back to the factory harness. The new unit comes on and i have the aux male adapters into the new unit. I have the red one plug into the aux out R and the white into the aux out L. Only one side of the audio is coming out which is the passenger side. I switch the plugs around and able to get audio coming out on the driver side only.

Do i need another 3.5mm cable with three male adapters? I currently have just the two plugs of the aux cord, red and white. Anything would help before I return this unit. Too bad cuz its a great unit. Thanks!

Quick Reply: 8th Gen Stereo Replacement (W/ Nav)