Go Back   Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums > General > General Tech Help
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Default 2003 Accord SRS Light Stays on

The problem seemed intermittent at first and appeared to go away if I stopped the car and restaerted the engine. Iread some of the exisiting posts on line and many said it was probably a bad set belt buckle.

Testing it a little more systematically, I did the following:
1. Key from off to on, no engine start just key on
2. SRS light comes on, goes out for a second and then comes and stays on even after starting the car.
3. If I fasten the seat belt first, then turn the key to on, the SRS light comes on, goes off and stays off even after starting the car.

Is it possible to swap the seat belt buckle assembly between sides to try to isolate the problem?

Thoughts?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Honda Accord Forum!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

have the same issue on mine, drivers belt latch problem. if i engage it and release it quickly a dozen times or so, i'm good for a couple of weeks. no tsb's or recalls on it...very surprising, i've heard about the issue several times.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Sounds like "sticky switch" syndrome. This affects many types of spring loaded switches. Switch is supposed to close if belt is latched. I suggest a heavy dose of WD40 into the seat belt latch assy and excercising by connecting/releasing belt 5-10 times. Hopefully, this will free the binding and elimnate the intermittent problem.

If not, a new seat belt latch mechanism is probable fix.

Manual says resistance (seat belt latched) between blu/red (1) and blk (3) wires at seat belt switch connector (opposite sides of connector under seat) should be 0-1 ohm (nearly dead short).

Resistance of Blu/red (2 center pin) and Blk (3) should be > 1 Mohm (open).

good luck
2006 Acura TSX
Old 05-29-2012, 09:11 PM

I don't think you can swap it with the passenger side (different wiring). The seatbelt buckle is part of the lifetime seatbelt warranty, so if it is the problem the dealership will not charge you anything to replace the buckle.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:51 PM

I just saw this thread. FYI seatbelt related parts are warrantied for life. However, Honda will tell you that they cannot be sure the repair is required to a warrantied part until they do some diagnosis. So they will say that potentially you will have to pay about $90 for diagnosis. If the diagnosis results in them finding a SRS seatbelt related cause, you will not have to pay the $90, nor the labor or parts for the repair. This is what just happened in my case.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:51 PM

Tags
03, 2000, 2003, 2007, accord, air, airbag, bag, honda, intermittently, light, problem, se, srs, stays