Go Back   Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums > General > General Tech Help
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Default backseat removal leaky seats

hi guys new to this..i checked diy secion but couldnt find any manual not sure what to do but how do i remove the backseats to diagnose a water leak in my 96 honda accord....
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Honda Accord Forum!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Not much under the seats that would cause a leak. If you have a sunroof, they can leak due to blocked drains (1 at each corner).

There is a 94-97 Accord shop manual link on Online Manuals post in DIY forum that will provide guidance on seat removal.

good luck
2006 Acura TSX
Old 02-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Default tail light

No sunroof just need to remove seats to dry it all and diagnose it i have a feeling it is leaking through tail light
Old 02-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

In the picture, look at the seat base #11. Left of center, there's a bolt holding it in. Squeeze between the seat base & back, find that & get a socket wrench on it.
Click the image to open in full size.

Then you can slide the seat-base forward & unhook it. Been a long time, but maybe you'll have to tilt the seat up, kinda like hinging it at the front edge. Pretty similar for most Hondas, it was that way for my 95 Integra, 98 Accord, 03 Accord, etc.
my kids have Civics
Old 02-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Ok i just pulled out the backseat and the passenger rear had a puddle of water under it and the other side was moderately damp.......in the trunk the passenger side (right) is a little wet along the side only and nothing in the spare wheel area....nothing form above as well....and nothing from the rear passenger side window as well......I'm hoping tail light but i haven't had a chance to completely dry everything and start soaking area by area to pin point the leaking area...is there a possiblilty of rusting....under the seats how do i know? do i just jack up my car and have a look underneath b/c i dont see any rusts when i removed the seats...........
Old 02-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

It seems like a taillight leak would get water in the trunk first, before getting into the rear seat area. Even the sunroof drain hoses go into the trunk area.

People have told about leaky rear-door weatherstripping, but I think that usually goes into the rear-seat footwell. This is a bit strange.
my kids have Civics
Old 02-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Some cars have drain plugs under the carpet in the foot well area of rear seats. Water might get in through these when driving through heavy rains.

good luck
2006 Acura TSX
Old 02-21-2012, 07:13 PM

Tags
03, 2007, 96, accord, accored, back, backseat, coupe, hoada, honda, leaking, remove, seat, seats, water