General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Side Multiplex Replaced and both tail lights and instrument lights still in-op

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Default Driver Side Multiplex Replaced and both tail lights and instrument lights still in-op

Hello,

I have a 2001 Honda Accord EX 4-Dr V6, that about a month ago I lost what I thought was only the illumination to my instrument cluster. About a week after that I noticed that my tail lights were also in-operable. After doing research and taking it to a mechanic, I was led to believe that the issue was with the drivers side Multiplex unit. So I ordered a factory new unit and installed it. I allowed the vehicle to to the idle retraining as outlined in the instructions, that I found associated with the recall for 2000 yrear model. And when I turned on my headlights, I have the same issue occuring. So I am in need of help!!

I have checked and re-checked all fuses and they are good, I have checked all bulbs and they are also fine. I checked for power at the back of the instrument cluster, at the tail light, and also tried jumping the instrument cluster and nothing. The Hazards, brake, turn signals, and headlights all are working fine.

What could the problem possibly be?

Thank You for your help in advance!

Old 06-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Is it just the tail lights or also the front parking that do not work......I'm asking as looking at the wire diagrams, I need to know so I can trace them further.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:13 PM

I found a thread last evening that you had helped another individual with a simular problem, and I followed the advise that you had given that individual and fixed my problem last night. Thanks for the help!

Old 06-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Poorman, I wish he was more specific on what advise used that fixed his problem.

I am thinking it was the Tito_in_Ny thread.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jmars152
I found a thread last evening that you had helped another individual with a simular problem, and I followed the advise that you had given that individual and fixed my problem last night. Thanks for the help!
Well, I'm glad you got it going.

Originally Posted by crispin
Poorman, I wish he was more specific on what advise used that fixed his problem.

I am thinking it was the Tito_in_Ny thread.
No telling. This being a newer gen Accord.....I'd guess it is/was something else.....but I we'll never know.