General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help identifying component and small coolant hose

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Default help identifying component and small coolant hose

I'd appreciate any help I can get in identifying the particular component on the engine (for my 92 Accord) to which one of a few small hoses runs up under the throttle body intake. The hose runs coolant up to there, and I discovered some seepage/leakage that seems to be coming from underneath where the hose clamp was clamped onto the nipple of this component, and I want to replace this hose. In the next photo, my finger is pointing to one end of the hose which is clamped there below the throttle body intake as I mentioned:

Next photo shows that same hose with a little different view; the shiny bright clamp is on the hose I'm referring to:

Next photo shows (right above my fingernail) where I'm pointing to the area down underneath the EGR valve where the other end of the hose is connected to the particular component I don't know what its called. There's another same size coolant hose clamped just adjacent to the hose I'm talking about too, at an adjacent nipple there, which is the one seen right above my fingernail in the photo. The rusty part shown is the housing or base of the EGR valve (for the purpose of helping to describe the location):

Next photo is just showing the EGR valve, but the component to which the ends of the small coolant hose(s) connect to (onto nipples) on is several inches down below that:

So anyway, I'd like to know what that part is which connects between that small coolant hose and up to right below the throttle intake tube as can be seen in the first to photos. So that I could better know what to ask/look for when I go to obtain a replacement for that particular hose. I noticed the hose size on the hose was 5/16”. But other small coolant hoses in that area I noticed are 9.5 mm size (3/8”). And I noticed the 5/16” hose (which is the one I'm asking about and which I noticed had the leak and so I need to replace) was super tight and a real b**** to remove. I think it may be too small and I want to make sure before I replace it that I get the correct size if indeed that is the case.

Attached Thumbnails help identifying component and small coolant hose-img_2737_zpsd544f541.jpg   help identifying component and small coolant hose-img_2739_zps2627d701.jpg   help identifying component and small coolant hose-img_2742_zpsccf968c3.jpg   help identifying component and small coolant hose-img_2743_zps4e371beb.jpg  
Old 11-04-2014, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

Can you also take a picture from further back?

Here is a picture from an autoparts site for the throttle body.

Attached Thumbnails help identifying component and small coolant hose-throttle-body-460276.jpg  
Old 11-04-2014, 12:51 AM

PAHonda,
Best I could do for now is to take a photo of the page in a repair manual I have for the car. Here I'm pointing to that part, which sits below the EGR valve. I'm also pointing to the nipples on that part to which those two small hoses connect, and as well a larger coolant hose connects to which I'm fairly certain is the heater bypass hose (but not absolutely certain about that). I hunted in the repair manual for a diagram that labels that component but to no avail. I'm pretty sure I don't see that part appearing in the diagram you posted above, though.

Attached Thumbnails help identifying component and small coolant hose-img_2747_zps3d78881b.jpg  
Old 11-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

That is part of the intake manifold. It is not a separate part.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
That is part of the intake manifold. It is not a separate part.
Thanks redbull-1.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:50 AM

Now I was able to find a diagram online, which includes the hose (part #7 here). I strongly leaning toward ordering the OEM part rather than trying to replace that hose with just a generic length of hose like was on there before. Seemed like such a pain to try to fit it otherwise with that S bend and all and in that location just a generic length of hose. Plus, I can't seem to determine the proper size; 3/8" almost seems too big but 5/16" seems too dang tight to fight with.

Name:  water-hose-460297_zpscf73796e.png
Views: 1674
Size:  151.1 KB