General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior light (Dome) not coming on when door is opened

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Question Interior light (Dome) not coming on when door is opened

I recently purchased a 2007 Accord and trying to resolve a few issues it has. The interior light overhead and beween the front and back seats will work when switched to the ON position but does not function when in the DOOR position and door is opened. I have small lights that are on each front door panel as well and when the door switch is pushed in and out to activate it, they go on and off, so the door switch seems to be working. Can anyone offer any help as to what I could check to fix this light? Someone told me that there should also be a chime that activates when the door is open (not sure if thats true or not) but I do not get a chime when the doors are opened. Also not sure if the map lights should activate when the doors are opened either, but they don't.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:44 PM

I don't think the map lights activate. There is a wire to the top light that serves to activate the lights when the door is opened. It could be that wire that is broken. I might also suggest to look at the light on the ceiling as the switch on it could be bad. There are three positions on, off, and on with door. I would start by taking the light down and testing the switch and the wires to the light.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:27 AM

Still having issues with my interior dome light. I removed the original, cleaned contacts, ect. but to to avail. I purchased a new light, installed it, still nothing when doors are opened. The new light, just light the original one, works when switch is in ON position, but will not come on when in the DOOR position. I've checked the switches in the doors that acivate the light and they all work. Anyone have any ideas or had this problem before. My vehicle is an 07 Accord Sedan LX.