Go Back   Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums > General > General Tech Help
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2012, 03:56 PM

Default Scraping Noise

For the past few days, when I start my car and start driving, I begin to hear a scraping noise from the right front end of my 96 accord. When I press the brakes, the noise stops; when I release the brake, the sound returns. It continues for a few minutes, then it stops altogether. It happens just about every time I start my car and begin driving.

Has anyone ever had this issue
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Honda Accord Forum!
"HondaLegendaz"
Old 01-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
1997 Honda Accord

dirt / junk in on the brake pads.

We had it on the Honda for a few days then it went away.

I just had to pull someone out of a deep mud pit with my 4 wheel drive truck and now I have horrible scrapping and grinding noises from the front brakes.

I haven't driving the truck much since the noise started but I am sure it will go away once I do.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

x2 on the brakes.

Another possibility, maybe the brake pads are getting worn out?? They have a little metal tab that scrapes against the rotor when the pads wear out. When it just barely begins scraping, it can do some bizarre things, like you're describing. After a few more weeks it'll wear down more & then it'll start screetching when you apply the brakes.
my kids have Civics
Old 01-22-2012, 08:10 PM

Tags
2000, 2010, 96, accord, brake, brakes, drivetrain, driving, honda, noise, rubbing, scraping, scratching, sedan, sound, stops