New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Accord coupe owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Thumbs up New Accord coupe owner

One month ago purchased a 14 Accord coupe, LX-S, four cylinder, crystal black. Previous ride was a 09 BMW 328xi coupe which I could no longer afford to maintain. Great car, enjoyed it a lot but the BMW's get really expensive after the warranty expires. Also, recently retired so I neither need or want a high-end premium car anymore. My first Honda product but I have always been impressed by the make's reputation. I chose the coupe because I like the styling and no longer need the extra doors and room of a sedan. Speaking of styling, my Accord actually looks a little like the BMW coupe styling, which is a good thing in my opinion. I really wasn't thinking of comparing the Accord to the BMW which costs around 20K more than the Accord, but I now realize that it is fair to compare the two. The overall fit and finish of the Accord compares favorably with the premium BMW. Several of my friends even say that the Accord's interior looks better than the BMW. Also the Accord seats compare favorably with the optional sports seats in the BMW, though they are not leather. As far as performance is concerned, the Accord doesn't match the BMW six cylinder, at least not with my four cylinder. However, I have found the Accord four to be more than adequate for the driving conditions I currently experience. The engine is amazingly quiet and works very well with the CVT transmission. After one month of driving gas mileage has been 30 MPG city and 37 MPG highway. Nice. Overall, I am very impressed with my new coupe.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:30 PM

Welcome to the forum. I have wanted a BMW for year's and almost bought a 3 series last year. At the same time I was looking at BMW a friend of mine ordered the M package on a 3 series. It took almost 4 months for him to get it. Now that he has it, he's sorry that he bought it. The car was around $50K and he has been back to the dealership so often with it, he knows all of the mechanic's on a first name basis. The Honda will definitely give you a long service and the fuel economy that your are seeing is outstanding. I currently have 2000 Accord sedan with 190K miles on it. In my 14 years of ownership the biggest single maintenance cost has been tires, followed by oil changes. Enjoy your ride.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Administrator
Talking Hello New Member

Welcome to HAF and to your New Accord..they are a sweet looking car.

Thanks for joining.

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Images