Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

turbo setup issues with chipped ecu

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 12:55 AM
Default turbo setup issues with chipped ecu

im doing a turbo build on my 95 accord ex with the f22b1 and i went and bought a chipped ecu thats mapped just for my car n turbo setup,,well roughly to get me to the tuner. problem is my cars auto n since you cant chip accord ecu's xecrone made me a civic one, when i plugged it in the [d] started blinking. so my question is what can i do to fix it? accords have there own tcu n i heard all the ecu wants is a neutral switch? eventually it will be stick but first i want the turbo proven n tuned...one project at a time u know...lol plus its my daily so i only have the weekend for each project. n i really cant wait for the turbo.... ;-] so please anyone else that did the swap let me know what wires i may need to rerun ,swap, or whatever the fix is. the tuner is unsure n says he only ever did manuals.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:58 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

are you running the TCU?
Does the car drive?

Old 05-06-2012, 01:29 PM

honestly just plugged it in and the d came on, car wouldnt start ether, its set for 450cc injectors n i still have the stock 240's in so maybe thats y? i thought it would at least ideal tho even with the stockers, i can see this is gonna be an issue, and ya the car still has the trans computer, im gonna go mess with it now, ill let u know how i make out. thanks

Old 05-07-2012, 10:23 AM

So put the 450 injectors in, plugged in the chipped ecu and went for a ride. Car shifts normal , idles, drives ok, its set rich for the turbo n really needs tuning. But the (d) blinked the whole time. Even when I manually shifted. Any ideas how to fix it?

Old 05-08-2012, 06:37 PM

please anyone know how to fix this?

Old 05-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Supper Moderator

Don't bother messing with a turbo auto. You might last a day or so then the trans will tear up and you will be stuck on the side of the road kicking yourself. Wait until you do a 5 speed swap before adding your turbo. Otherwise your car will be a 3000lbs paper weight.

As for your tcu you have to have another program to tick the tcu (from what I remember) to make this work. Also another issue you will run across is there is like NO tuners that will tune a auto. It's very very rare to find a tuner that is willing to tune a auto honda. For the simple fact that once it's on the dyno you might get 3 or 4 good pulls out of the trans and it will be shot. You best bet is to do your 5 speed swap then turbo. Run all motor until you do so. It will save you money in the long run

Old 05-27-2012, 01:53 PM

welp to late ,,turbos on. dont care about it being a paperweight, there are soooo many in the junkyard by me that a 100 dollor trans swap can weight till i get everything else the way i need it, i decided to tune it myself with crome, bought a willem programmer, bought having issues with the way it spits out a program{willem} end, seems crome spits out a 32k file and when it goes thru the programmer its 64k and crome cant reopen it to make changes? anyone have that problem too? ah yes, nothins ever easy.....i thought a 74$ turbo/piping/intercooler with a fresh rebuid was gonna be a walk in the park, lol ya rite.....oh i gotta p75 auto from the yard for 20$ but its not vtec so i have two choices....ether use xenocrn pr4 n mail this p75 in for 60$ back or get the chip kit and try n run that till its stick n run the jumper ? ether way the car runs n drives, tc locks up, shifts fine, with ether ecu cause it runs off the tcu pretty well, its still running stock ecu untill i figer out whats up with the crome chippin issue, so no boost yet, thats whats up at the moment, plus i need to rework pvc system, thanks to anyone who will help!!