General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chipped ECU help

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Default Chipped ECU help

Hey guys, what's goin' on?

I'm in the middle of chipping an ECU for my 96 accord lx (using uberdata). The ECU is an OBD1 ecu from a 95' civic (P06). I chipped it and everything, plugged it in, and turned the key to on. I got a solid CEL (when you pull the code via the service connector, the light does not flash, just stays solid)

When I removed jumper 1, which bypasses the chip and stuff that I installed, the ECU did not throw a code. So I decided to clean up my soldering a little bit and try again. After resoldering a few things, I tried again and I had the same solid CEL. I took the ECU back out and tested for shorts. I couldn't find any so I reflashed the chip and tried again. Solid CEL.

The chip's ROM is setup for 450 cc injectors but I have the stock ones in still. I really don't think this is the problem, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. I wonder if soldering the board a couple times has ruined it. Has anybody ever gone through this? Any suggestions are much appreciated... thanks!

Old 10-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Chipped ECU help

mbo i really dont know. your getting into an area where you really need to be there to be of any help, you entering into a completely custom territory. and its a big step because where your car was....was big pimpin. your car was fantastic as it was....but you wouldnt be an enthusist if you didnt push the envelope. i might be able to help if you can send some pics. good luck you may have the meanest rig here so i definately have respect. when you were first putting in that turbo i thought long and hard for a good many hours about what could have been your problem and you can bet i will do it again. im a moderator on hondaaccordforum.com i help people figure out their accords from turning on their lights to installing turbos. send me a message with as much info as you can think of. is this a new ecu or the one you were using before? what about the 450's are they the ones that you bought a while ago? what about this chip? how are you flashing it? what is the map. exactly what ecu are you using? and any other info you can possibly think of.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:48 AM
Default RE: Chipped ECU help

I know it's a tough one to call without being able to see it. There's just so much that could be wrong. I will get some pictures up ASAP. It probably won't be until next week though, since the ECU is all packed up. I'm moving this weekend so I'll have to unpack it and find it next week. Anyways....

I believe I used a stock f22b2 map to make my map. I made the appropriate changes in uberdata. I can send you the map if that will help. And yes, those are the same 450's I had from before. The ECU is a P06 from a 95 civic (lx I think). I burned the chip using the burn1 chip burner from moates.net. It included all kinds of helpful info involving offsets and that sort of thing, so I'm feelin' pretty comfortable with the whole burning part.

Thanks for the comments on my ride, man Much appreciated.
I will send you a message with some pictures and if you want that map too to look at I can send that aswell. Thanks for the help, bro!