Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

"Xenon" Headlight bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 03:57 AM
Default "Xenon" Headlight bulbs

Hey guys,
Im sorry for asking this because i know these "HID" halogen bulbs have been discussed already with the Silverstars. Im absolutely im love with my car but unfortuantely haven't got the money to spoil her but I never did like the look of the stock yellowish headlights and i find the Silverstars a bit pricey especially becuse people have said they don't last long. Well does anybody know if these any other cheaper bulbs than the Silverstars are good?

Eurolite?

or even be bold enough to venture out to the other brands on ebay?

OH! and 9006 is what i need right? 2004 Accord sedan

Thanks in advance

Old 10-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: "Xenon" Headlight bulbs

I don't think any of the higher wattage bulbs are worth it since

they are expensive
do not last very long

Old 10-11-2006, 07:41 AM

Yes, it's 9006. And please just get the silverstars, I had them on my stock headlights and they're worth it. The cheapest I found them were 40 bucks for both bulbs. Now, I've got projection headlights with angel eyes. That's where it's at.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:56 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: azraider25

Yes, it's 9006. And please just get the silverstars, I had them on my stock headlights and they're worth it.
Agreed

Old 10-18-2006, 03:59 AM

HOW COMPLICATED IS THE HID INSTALL?

Old 10-18-2006, 04:07 AM

most kits use your existing headlight connector to power the system. it's just a matter of mounting the ignitor/ballast and properly routing the wires.... you will get a lot of glare to oncoming drivers though

Old 10-21-2006, 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: YeuEmMaiMai

most kits use your existing headlight connector to power the system. it's just a matter of mounting the ignitor/ballast and properly routing the wires.... you will get a lot of glare to oncoming drivers though
It's past time for me to replace, and maybe upgrade, both headlights on our 92 Accord LX.

I've never been much satisfied with our OEM headlights - particularly "low beam". Actually, "high beam" isn't a helluva lot better, either.

So if at all possible, I want to improve forward visibilty as much as I can, but without running afoul of the law.

What should I do?

1. Buy essentially OEM replacement, but insert different "bulbs". If so, what brand and wattage should I buy?

2. Buy a different headlight altogether. Keeping in mind that I don't care one bit what it looks like, what headlight "system" will give me the best legal visibility down the road on both low and high beam?

Also, if I go OEM style, does anyone, other than Honda, sell plastic protectors that install over the headlights? (Windshields and headlights live a difficult life in Edmonton's sandy and rocky winter environment, so unless an Edmontonian plans on replacing headlights every couple of years, he must install some type of headlight-lens protection. Local Honda wants $80 for a set of plastic protectors, but I can get OEM-style headlights for not much more than that. Hopefully the protectors are cheaper than the headlights, otherwise, what's the point?)

Old 10-25-2006, 01:19 AM

I would search all of the accord sites out there for people who have installed projectors........that is by far your best bet in getting the proper light pattern...

Old 10-25-2006, 03:04 PM

Thanks Yeu.

I am completely and utterly ignorant of the differences between "projector" and, for lack of a better term, "non projector" headlights. For example, I don't even know if projector headlights are legal in Canada.

Someone please educate me.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:45 PM

What do you all think of these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1510994&rd=1,1

Name:  Headlights.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  19.2 KB

Quick Reply: "Xenon" Headlight bulbs