Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

08 Accord Coupe deck lid spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:21 AM
Default 08 Accord Coupe deck lid spoiler

Does anyone know if the stock deck lid spoiler on the 2008 Accord v6 coupe is part of the trunk or bolted on.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Default RE: 08 Accord Coupe deck lid spoiler

If anyone else is interested I found a site that sells the deck lid spoiler, no one else seems to have them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190251932836

Old 09-18-2008, 02:10 AM
burton
Unregistered

i am pretty sure it is bolted or something on. its not part of the whole trunk. but thats awsome that you found that site that sells the spoiler because i have the 4 cyl and i have been trying to find it all over the place

Old 09-18-2008, 07:54 AM

ORIGINAL: burton

i am pretty sure it is bolted or something on. its not part of the whole trunk. but thats awsome that you found that site that sells the spoiler because i have the 4 cyl and i have been trying to find it all over the place
It bolts on or just sticks on its completely up to you how you want to mount it. This is the only person I found that has them. I ordered mine already, it should be delivered today or tomorrow. And it comes painted.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:24 PM

nice find. do you plan to bolt them on? last thing you need is for someone to jack it or tries opening/closing your trunk with the spoiler. ouch!

Old 09-18-2008, 02:32 PM

ORIGINAL: htekken

nice find. do you plan to bolt them on? last thing you need is for someone to jack it or tries opening/closing your trunk with the spoiler. ouch!
I dont know yet, the tape they use is unbelievably strong. Ive used it in the past for emblems and door molding and once its on there you would probably break the spoiler before it came off. To take it off you need to heat the tape and use a fishing line to cut through the tape to get it off. Now that im thinking about it more then likely I will bolt it on and use the tape.The spoiler is at my house right now, my wife justcalled me so I will see how it looks today.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

FYI .... a lot of body kits are held on with that same tape .... if someone rips it off, it's taking the paint with it. The same force would probably rip the bolts through the trunk lid .... I wouldn't worry about the tape as long as a reputable body shop does the work.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:22 PM

It comes with the tape and I will be doing the install. Its painted and ready to go and comes with templates to mounted straight so I dont think it should be that difficult.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:30 PM

the process of heating and using dental floss to remove something is the same idea when removing emblems for instance. and we know how kids like to jack those for no reason. i used 3M tape to attach my lip kit, also meant for body panels, body moldings etc. but it didnt cost no $100/roll, so i guess its the shiet lol. and i def. do know that this stuff can take paint off with it.

if you do decided to use the 3m tape it came with. may i suggest, after prepping the surface properly with alcohol & what not, to buy/use 3M adhesive promoter it helps a lot too. sticks real good.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: htekken

the process of heating and using dental floss to remove something is the same idea when removing emblems for instance. and we know how kids like to jack those for no reason. i used 3M tape to attach my lip kit, also meant for body panels, body moldings etc. but it didnt cost no $100/roll, so i guess its the shiet lol. and i def. do know that this stuff can take paint off with it.

if you do decided to use the 3m tape it came with. may i suggest, after prepping the surface properly with alcohol & what not, to buy/use 3M adhesive promoter it helps a lot too. sticks real good.
I have it already but need to dig it out. I havent used it in about 4 years. So if I cant find it in 5 minutes I`ll just go buy more tomorrow lol. More then likely I will use the bolts also.

Quick Reply: 08 Accord Coupe deck lid spoiler