Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

08 white diamond - two shades?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:42 AM
skratch
Unregistered
Default 08 white diamond - two shades?

Not sure if this is the right section, but has anyone noticed that the 08 accord white diamond is two colors?

The bumpers(plastic) look noticeably different than the rest of the car. Is this normal on all of them? I didn’t notice until I got the car home.

Went to the dealer and the one other on their lot was the same.

-SAA

Old 04-14-2008, 10:26 PM
spraygod
Unregistered
Default RE: 08 white diamond - two shades?

i hate to tell you this cuz im sure you have noticed already since you posted this. im a painter. look at every car on the road today. new. old. doesn't matter. the color of the sheet metal panels will always be different from the plastic bumper if it has a metallic paint job... even if it was painted with the same paint at the same time and temp. this problem occurs when spraying metallic because the metal flakes are sprayed onto the plastic using a high pressure gun. the metallic flakes have sharp edges andare usually cut into the shape of a diamond. so, on the metal, the flakes lie down, whereas, on plastic,the metallic flakes will stick into thebumper allowing you to only see the side of the flakes usually causing the plastisparts to dry darker.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:38 AM
skratch
Unregistered

thanks for the info, and yes, i never noticed it before, but now i see it on most cars. It's more pronounced on our white accord, but probably the same on all of them. At least i know i didnt get screwed by the dealer.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:38 AM
skratch
Unregistered

thanks for the info, and yes, i never noticed it before, but now i see it on most cars. It's more pronounced on our white accord, but probably the same on all of them. At least i know i didnt get screwed by the dealer.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:07 AM
jims38
Unregistered

We just purchased a 2008 accord with the same problem. Had a 2004 ACURA TL with same problem. My body shop guy said they paint all the bumper covers off the car.Guess we have to live with it.....