Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

20" by 20" DC decal on my windshield.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Default 20" by 20" DC decal on my windshield.

Has anyone ever been pulled over for a decal on their (rear) windshield? if so did you get a ticket? or just asked to take it off.

I'm just a little cautious now that i'm noticing how...noticeable it is. I don't want to attract unneeded attention. I'm wondering if it would be one of those things they'd add to your list if you got caught speeding or something. Not something they'd pull you over for the first time?

I'll get a pic up soon.

Thanks

Last edited by MinnesotanHonda; 06-25-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:40 PM

A 20" by 20" sticker on your windshield??? Why would you do this in the first place??? That is a big obstruction of sight, and im sure a almost 2 foot by 2 foot sticker on your windshield will get you pulled over...

Old 06-18-2010, 12:35 AM
Administrator
Talking

I would believe that they would make you take it off for obstruction...

Old 06-20-2010, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by corvetteking
A 20" by 20" sticker on your windshield??? Why would you do this in the first place??? That is a big obstruction of sight, and im sure a almost 2 foot by 2 foot sticker on your windshield will get you pulled over...
Why? Because it looks awesome. haha. you can see throw parts of it. it's not just a 2 by 2 spot on my windshield that blocks my view. I've heard that as long as you have your side view mirrors you can have the rear windshield completely covered. Heard that from a cop too.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Almost A Senior Member

So wait... is it for your windshield, or your rear windshield? BIG difference...

Old 06-23-2010, 05:38 PM

This is a very good question... When you say windshield, i assume you mean the front... And even if you can see partly through it, it is still a huge obstruction of view... You have to understand that cops can do and say whatever they would like... Thats like saying you can have 5% tint on your rear glass and its ok, because you can still see through the side mirrors... NOT, it is still illegal...

Old 06-24-2010, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by corvetteking
This is a very good question... When you say windshield, i assume you mean the front... And even if you can see partly through it, it is still a huge obstruction of view... You have to understand that cops can do and say whatever they would like... Thats like saying you can have 5% tint on your rear glass and its ok, because you can still see through the side mirrors... NOT, it is still illegal...
Oh no. yeah i meant the rear windshield. Yeah i don't know if there is any difference with tints, but that is what i heard.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default what if you also have convex mirrors?

Anyone know if dark rear tints or big decals are still illegal if you have those convex mirrors on the side views? because most big trucks as well as work vans have no rear window, but they have extra side mirrors.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:08 AM

Depending on your state laws, the legal limit for tint is different... Here and in arkansas anything under 20% can get you a nice little ticket, regardless of if you only have it on your back glass or what... And yes, a 20 by 20 sticker on your rear glass is waaaaaay different than on your windshield... I dont believe this will be a problem for you...

Old 06-25-2010, 03:32 PM

Yeah, That's what i was kind of thinking. sorry if i didn't make it clear. On the front yes that'd be kind of crazy.

About the truck, They have a little more room for tint and decals. In minnesota at least. They can have tint at least to 20% even though the law here is 50%.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 20" by 20" DC decal on my windshield.