Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

2008 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan w/o Navi

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 2008 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan w/o Navi

Looking for suggestions on mods. Currently deployed and when I get back, I would like to hook up my ride. Cosmetics and what not. So far, I've purchased a K&N Typhoon intake system, but it's waiting to be installed since I'm deployed. Only thing done to the car is 20% tint all around. Could use some help...

Old 10-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

For accessories, check out College Hills Honda and Handa Accessories.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks. Just bought a B&I Blue Carbon Dash Kit from autoanything. Also got a leather steering wheel cover that's charcoal and blue. Just have to stich it up when I get home. Bought some weathertech mats for the front and the rear and an illumination kit for inside, also blue. Everything was from autoanything except the illumination kit (ebay).

Old 10-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

If your car is an automatic? A lot of people replace the shift **** with a leather one from a Honda Crosstour. (Honda didn't put leather shift ***** in the Accords with leather.) See College Hills Honda Accord accessories for the Crosstour shift **** swap. But, it sounds like you like a little blue with your car.

Just curious. So, you are placing a leather steering wheel cover over the leather steering wheel? Is that just to change the color?

I would recommend getting the Honda trunk tray. Even people who have Weathertech floor mats for their Accords, say they like the Honda OEM trunk tray instead. I got an OEM one through a Honda dealer on ebay, as it was cheaper than other on-line sites.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Yea just to change the color....hopefully it'll fit alright. haha. kinda hard to remember what my car looks like. Been gone for a minute. Hopefully Ill be home in Jan. to do more stuff to it. yea I'm thinking blue lights with the grey metallic paint will look good. This is my first car I've ever done stuff to so I'm open to ideas man. Thanks for the help tho.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Newest Of Newbies

yes it's the V6 automatic

Old 10-19-2011, 12:24 AM

I have a similar car - 2008 Mystic Green. I put 5000K HIDs in and left the fog lights stock. The difference in lighting is very noticable. I also purchased LED tail lights on eBay and inserted amber-colored LED bulbs (with resistors) for the rear blinkers. I put a red-colored LED bulb in the 3rd brake light housing - so when I hit the brakes, there isn't a delay for the 3rd light to light up, in relation to the new LED brake lights. And of course I put LED license plate lights in.

I also replaced the stock wheels with chrome wheels from Discount Tires (same-sized wheels) Liquidmetal Wheels : Venom.

The car looks nice - but not blinged out, and I have received many compliments.