Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Accord coupe and baby-seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Default Accord coupe and baby-seat

hi,
im woundering, is there someone who have experience driving coupe with newborn seat in it?
im looking at 2.2 coupe `95-97 or 3.0 coupe 98-00. from inside it looks like a lot of space for a coupe car, but im still afraid of buying because im gonna have a baby soon.
thanks in advice
--
english is my 3rd language so please be patient with my grammer

Old 03-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Accord coupe and baby-seat

(cough) sedan

Old 03-28-2007, 01:49 PM

Even if you can stick a child seat in there, the baby won't be a baby forever, you are going to need the space from a sedan. And we are not just talk ing babyseats in a coupe either, you have to look at also being able to carry a stroller, the baby bag, plus whatever else you might want to put in the car on a given day. More space the better.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:43 PM

I'm going to disagree.... I've got a 4 yr old and a newborn in my 94 accord ex 2dr coupe... There is plenty of room for my 4 yr old and/or newborn, however, I will admit that 4dr vehicles are easier and getting the car seat in/out can be difficult (comparativly speaking) but it's possible... The difficult part comes that when you need to remove the seat or the child you wind up half way crawling in the back, I usually have one foot on the rear floorboard and one on the ground outside the car....

Old 03-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

have babies, .. GET A VAN .. you cannot believe the difference that it makes , especially when traveling.. been there . done that .. my kids are 15 months apart , i had a 4 door acura legend 1990.when they were babies,, planty of room but NOT ENOUGH ..,,

Old 03-28-2007, 05:02 PM

that's why we got the lexus.... if nothing else it's much easier to lift the kids out when they are already at waist level and you don't have to bend over but the accord does work just fine... It's like having a cheap socket set vs. air tools.... the sockets work, kind of annoying but inexpensive and easy to use but the air tools make them feel primitive....

Old 03-28-2007, 05:47 PM

My 97 coupe works just fine for my 18 month old and her lil car seat... plenty of room... just not for lazy people i guess... plus coupes are lighter!!!

Old 03-29-2007, 03:29 AM

thank for replays. its even easier to hava a bus or a train, but thats not the point. i have to drive to work every day, and only once or twice a month somwhere else (with baby). i never had 4door, never liked them. currently driving 2g prelude and loving it. im thinking of switching for accord coupe only for baby reasons.
BLuEPiTBuLLz: yes, youre the guy i was looking for. thanks for confirming my guesses. your driving CD7 coupe right?

Old 03-29-2007, 07:11 PM

Im not too sure but CD7 means but its a 97 SE coupe...

Old 03-29-2007, 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

I'm going to disagree.... I've got a 4 yr old and a newborn in my 94 accord ex 2dr coupe... There is plenty of room for my 4 yr old and/or newborn, however, I will admit that 4dr vehicles are easier and getting the car seat in/out can be difficult (comparativly speaking) but it's possible... The difficult part comes that when you need to remove the seat or the child you wind up half way crawling in the back, I usually have one foot on the rear floorboard and one on the ground outside the car....
I concur with Sir. I just got an 03 coupe and it has been no problem with my 4 year old. We have shown Aidan how to pull the lever to let the seat up he gets into his seat. I can reach back from the drivers seat and grab the seat belt and strap him into the seat with ease.It also doesnt hurt that his car seat is more of a booster seat, but still, its easy peasy.
Arex

Quick Reply: Accord coupe and baby-seat