Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Accord Coupe Ranked Higher Than Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Baxter
Unregistered
Default Accord Coupe Ranked Higher Than Sedan

As a new owner of a 2008 Accord sedan, I noticed USNews & World Report ranks the "exterior" of the Coupe as being superior to the sedan at its site http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...-Honda-Accord/

The Accord is ranked #1 overall among affordable midsize cars, but I wonder if the consensus is that the Coupe is better looking. Did I buy the wrong car?

Old 01-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Default RE: Accord Coupe Ranked Higher Than Sedan

It's all opinion my man. Personally I like the coupe better, but the sedan is growing on me. I also like four doors in a car so I don't know if I would buy a coupe for quite a few years (till I won't need to use carseats anymore)

Old 01-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

the center console on both look like @$$ mixed with puke!!! The nav version's steering wheel should be burned too. Exterior and power are nice as is most of the interior. All in all I give the new accords a big thumbs down. If they wanted a cheaper TL clone, it should have been a TL-LX ..... this car is not an accord IMO.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Baxter
Unregistered

Okay, the USNews site says this is the best overall car in its class based on the collective wisdom of all expert car reviews -- putting appearance aside, is this right?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:20 PM

The new Accord CoupeOWNS all other gens. Hands down. People just dont like knowing theircar is now yesterday's news and have a hard time getting used to new things/styles. Wait until some aftermarket parts start comming out for the new Coupe and weseesome nice modded ones. People's Tune will change. I personally think the 7th gen looks like a spaceship and never liked it. I am not a big fan of the new Sedan but it is growing on me in certain colors. I get nothing but positive feedback about my 08 coupe 6 spd. Anybody who see's it in person loves it. Only thing partially negative I have heard is that it needs a drop bad, which i already knew. As soon as a decent drop kit is available it will be lowered and then its GAME OVER! I think the interior looks awesome in the car and so does everyone who has seen it. My car is black/black with leather. You cant judge this car by pictures it doesnt photograph well and only looks good in certain colors.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:38 PM

Falkore I hope your not comparing the new accords center console to your"superior"cheap looking wood kit you have in your car and that cheap looking double din pioneer head unit. Your dual exhaust is kind of looking a little over the top too.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:13 AM

There's nothing wrong with the 08 Sedan. It's just a matter of preference. I own a 2007 accord coupe but most of my friends don't like it because it's simply a 2door. Of course it's obvious bc they won't be able to ride it as well as a Sedan. I picked the car for me to drive only. Not to haul around people. and I don't have a family of my own yet.

and...
7th Gen > 8th Gen IMO

Don't get me wrong though. The new accord is nice. But I have no reason to become fond of it bc the 7th gen already has me. The 8th gen will be going to my brother.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:32 AM

I have seen some nice hooked up 7th gen coupes. I just dont like how they look stock. Once they are lowered and have a body kit/spoiler they look nice.Either way you cant go wrong. Its an Accord!!!

Old 01-10-2008, 07:38 AM

Interior Review — 8.2 (Very Good)

Motor Trend thinks the new Accord's "interior quality is a step above the previous iteration's, and fit and finish are top notch," and our rankings show that it has one of the nicest interiors in the class. Reviews also note the 2008 Accord's interior is the roomiest in the model's history.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:30 AM

ORIGINAL: jblaust

Falkore I hope your not comparing the new accords center console to your"superior"cheap looking wood kit you have in your car and that cheap looking double din pioneer head unit. Your dual exhaust is kind of looking a little over the top too.
[sm=jawdrop.gif]Your gonna take that falkore?

Quick Reply: Accord Coupe Ranked Higher Than Sedan