Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Add in Fog Lights and Navi?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 09:08 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Add in Fog Lights and Navi?

Hi everyone! I just recently purchased my first car, a 2010 Accord sedan LX with only 68.5k miles. I really like the fog lights on the front bumper of the V6 of this generation, I was wondering if anyone knows a way I can get those on my I4? I don't do the work myself, but I want to know what I need to do/say/buy to get someone to help me install them. I also want to install a GPS and rearview camera, I wanted to wire them into the center console for convenience so that my windshield doesn't have a bunch of screens popping out at me, but that might be too difficult.. Can anyone recommend a GPS system that works well, and a rearview camera brand too?
For reasons that I'm not going to list as to avoid stepping on anyone's toes, I personally opted to avoid the models that include the rearview cameras already installed from the factory. Thanks!

Old 06-30-2019, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, the V6 Accord sedan bumper will fit an I4 Accord sedan. You'll need the V6 fog light and harness kit. May possibly have to modify the wiring to connect.

Fensens is introducing a solar powered wireless backup camera license frame that works with a smartphone. This is a DIY backup camera, as there is very little to install and set-up. You can use a Scoshe MagicMount Pro with suction cup on the platform where the clock display to mount the phone.

GPS navigation can also be via smartphone, no need to manually update maps and can used apps such as Waze (for traffic avoidance, hazards, etc.) and others.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:22 AM
Newest Of Newbies

The kit sounds cool! But I would prefer not to use my phone for anything while I am driving. I turn 20 in a week and I'm also easily distracted behind the wheel even by like mirrors and stuff, been safe so far but I think the last thing I need is to have a phone screen up and running to tempt me. Are there other options?

Old 07-01-2019, 06:40 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Oh, while I'm here, is there anything I can do to prevent my paint from fading in the sun while I'm at work? I have the basque red pearl paint and it's still really bright and I love it. (It looks brighter in person).

Last edited by ash051; 07-01-2019 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Pics on the desktop view make the car look faded and it's not LOL
Old 07-01-2019, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Regular waxing will prevent, minimize fading. I used many different waxes, sealants, polishes, etc throughout the years. Even in combination. But, if you want one product for 'real' protection that last a reasonably long time, and is easy to apply and remove, I would personally recommend Klasss All In One (red bottle). The 10 oz. smaller size will last you years and years; larger size are available; but, try the 10 oz. first as you may not need to buy anymore.

You can also try to park in areas that provide some shade or less at least less afternoon sun too. But, not too far and remote for safety reasons.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:06 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thank you! I saw some through a quick google search, but people were complaining about some brand waxes leaving a white residue. Is there any special way I have to apply it or any special equipment to use? I'm super amateur to everything involving the paints and I'm worried I will mess up the paint job somehow in the process.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Klasse All In One (red bottle) is super easy to apply and remove without residue. It will take off things ( bad things) that a lot of other products have trouble with. It was made by a German company. I even used it to remove a neighbor's Porsche rust stains that dripped from a rotted gutter onto their paint; and they were amazed because other things they tried didn't get it off.

Klasse (silver bottle) is another story, no residue; but, way harder to remove.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:50 PM
Newest Of Newbies

That sounds great! When you say remove, is it like apply the wax and then remove right away and I'm covered, or do I apply the wax and then remove it when I put on the next round of wax a few months later? Do I drive with the wax on?

Old 07-01-2019, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

It is apply to a section of the car and remove. For example, apply to whole hood and remove. It removes easily.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:21 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Ah I see. So I can apply the wax and then remove it and be on my merry way for a while then it sounds like. Thank you! I do love that paint job.