Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Black on Black

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Default Black on Black

Trying to make my honda look good, 97 honda accord lx 4 dr. so far its all stock except my bud and I took off the grill and painted it a matte black, trying to go for the black on black kinda look...would these headlights look good or no?
94-97 Honda Accord Halo Projector Headlights - JDM Black

Old 09-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Newest Of Newbies

It depends on the kind of look you're going for. If you're going for the dark, modded look, then I think it could look pretty cool.
The price seems really reasonable too

Old 09-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I have very similar Projectors. Mine are just smoked, I believe that's the only difference. Just to warn you the Halos are only visible sunset and later. You can't see them during the day. I was pretty bummed about that.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:56 PM

those look awesome...i got the headlights all in, except i didnt plug in the LED part, and its very dull of a light. But the look is exactly what i was looking for. Do you have matching tail lights? If so where did you purchase them from?

Old 01-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I have had nothing but problems with mine. I bought mine from ebay. the light is very dull as they are cheap ballast and bulbs. I am about to replace them again with a quality product. look wise awesome, functionality not so much. As far as the tail lights, look at my garage photos to see that they look like.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I used to have the same exact car in black and went for the blacked out look. Instead of the halo projectors you should look into black depot housing with retro fits. If I still had my car that is def the way I would have went because they look very nice on that car, plus your light output would be much better compared to the projectors. Just my opinion. Check out the video, this accord has that exact setup as well.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 PM

^ yes. That.

Ebay Projectors are notoriously dim. You'd be better off with stock lights than those.

Depo replica blackhoused headlights (or the authentic JDM Stanley lights they are based on are a much better product. OEM quality light output, and they are also pretty easy to retrofit with quality projector lenses.

Blackhoused lights:

With added projectors:

Attached Thumbnails Black on Black-sdc10722-1.jpg  

Last edited by hondafreak91c; 02-07-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Newest Of Newbies

So since I have the ebay projectors: would buying a quality hid kit(better ballast and bulbs) improve my light out put? Or will it not matter because the projector itself is crappy?

Old 02-21-2013, 03:49 PM
K3L

I have halos on my car. Except the halos aren't LED, they are CCFL bulbs. I bought mine from Amazon which was name brand, but like $80 cheaper. I would NEVER get LED's. IMO you cant even see them during the day and they burn out easier. Try to find some CCFL's go look at my pic and you can see mine on and how bright they are during the day. I get lots of compliments on mine! Hope this helped!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

It will definitely improve light output.

Quick Reply: Black on Black