Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

carbon fiber hood wrap

Old 07-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Default carbon fiber hood wrap

i dont really think im going to do this soon if ever but has anybody heard of/done a carbon fiber hood wrap?

"carbon fiber" hood wrap vinyl on ebay

Old 07-26-2007, 01:28 AM
Default RE: carbon fiber hood wrap

this reminds me of this video I watched on youtube about a guy spray painting his hood cf. Havent heard much people do it.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:54 AM

can you say RICE???

Old 07-26-2007, 08:03 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: Goldnknight22

can you say RICE???
nothing wrong with rice...

...what's wrong is that it is likely to look like sh*t if not executed properly.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:57 AM

There is everything wrong with rice. Any graphic looks like ****. He has a clean Accord now, if he wants to put a CF sticker on his car that's his choice and I respect that, but he better rice the rest of it out as well.

Not to threadjack, but smaglik, are the M3's all they're cracked up to be? Those and the Audi RS4 have been my dream cars. As soon as I can afford a "serious" car after college I'm going German.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:00 AM

I'll let smaglik answer for himself, but I have driven an M3 before and it was pretty frickin awesome[sm=gears.gif]

Old 07-26-2007, 10:19 AM

I'm just happy BMW finally got it right and added the V8 to match the styling. I wouldn't mind a twin-turbo 3 series either.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:14 PM

The M3 is very impressive. It behaves like a race car when you want it to (completely), and a luxury coupe as well. Completely glued to the ground. I will have a hard time parting with it (no plans as of now)...though I have though about steppnig into a Z4 M coupe in a couple of years...but not till the Accord is paid off...one car payment is enough.

Interesting comment about the v8. I am not sure how I feel about it. If I get the newer generation, it wouldnt be till 2010 or later, as I would probably by a pre-owned one to save $20k. I am sure it will be a sweet vehicle, however the I6 is so smooth...curious to see if they can keep that character with the opposing pistons. Its got more power, but more weight too. Cockpit of the E92 is not as driver friendly either, though it is not bad...dash is flatter, as opposed to angled towards the driver.

Twin turbo has had overheating problems. I believe they have corrected it, but it wasnt really trackable, as the oil temp would peg at 300 after a while and the car would go into limp mode. They are releaseing their 1 series in the spring, and will put that motor into a small coupe than the current 3 series...but its not that smaller. the 1 series coupe is based on the e46.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:35 PM

I just want a car with performance out of the box, rather than investing $10 - $20k to get anywhere close in a little Honda. But, I guess a $5k used Honda with $20k in mods is still cheaper than an M3, though with a lot less reliability. Hopefully I'll own a car that nice before I'm 30, if all goes as planned after college.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:41 PM

sorry guys dont get me wrong i dont want to do it. i just saw it and thought it was interesting. i was just wondering if anybody ever considered doing it. or like say you had a cf hood and a cf trunk like j_man and wanted the roof to match. so i mean hes already got the real stuff so it wouldnt really be ricing right?

i wish i had a bmw maintenance is costly so i hear but i really love to have one. id like to get an m5.
your knowledge of bmw's is pretty extensive smaglik, been doin some research?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: carbon fiber hood wrap