Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Change From Cloth to Leather Interior

Old 03-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Talking Change From Cloth to Leather Interior

Hi All,

My Accord has all tan cloth everything inside. I'd like to eventually get everything that's cloth replaced with black leather. Has anyone seen, or heard of this being done? This includes all the seats, the cloth panel on each door, center console cover, and probably a few other things that I'm forgetting.

For the seats, are there any seats from other Accord models with black leather that would fit?

It seems like a huge project, so for now it's all theoretical. I have a few other things I'd like to get done first.

Thanks!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by elijahpr
Hi All,

My Accord has all tan cloth everything inside. I'd like to eventually get everything that's cloth replaced with black leather. Has anyone seen, or heard of this being done? This includes all the seats, the cloth panel on each door, center console cover, and probably a few other things that I'm forgetting.

For the seats, are there any seats from other Accord models with black leather that would fit?

It seems like a huge project, so for now it's all theoretical. I have a few other things I'd like to get done first.

Thanks!
Folks do it all of the time. Simply check your local phone listings for an upholstery shop which specializes in automotive interiors. The conversions I've seen range from tasteful and conservative using higher quality hides than what typically come from the factory through outrageous.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Elijahpr
Have you noticed any thing different since you put in those expensive laser spark plugs over the set you had in there. ?

Old 03-28-2013, 03:36 PM

I've tried looking locally, but unfortunately only one shop (with bad reviews and no desire for customers) is willing to touch auto interiors.

Since I switched the spark plugs, my engine doesn't hesitate when I start moving after a complete stop, and the gears seem to change much smoother. That could be the plugs, wires, or recent Seafoam I did though. Or all three! Aside from my shocks/struts being garbage, everything is a lot smoother. Could always just be in my imagination though

Old 03-28-2013, 06:59 PM

Interiors aren't that hard to swap out.

I would start looking at junk yards for Accords with black leather interior (assuming they came with black....if not, you can get gray, and dye it). Short of the headliner, almost all of the interior is attached by either clips or screws. I've taken part of mine out, and its not hard at all. Just go to different yards, and pull out the panels you want. Its probably cheaper than having someone re-upholster the whole interior.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:24 PM

I think the 6th gen Accords only came with grey leather as an option, and that was on the EX models. I looked online at the junkyards inventory after I saw your post, and there's nothing

I discovered two other options:

Dying the cloth parts, or using a Duplicolor cloth/vinyl spray (essentially the same thing). I've been reading up on this process, and it seems to fade after two years or so. I won't have the car by that time, so that's not a bad thing for me.

I also found a few sellers on eBay selling "genuine Honda leather seat covers". They claim it's the same stuff used at the factory. I'm skeptical. It's also $200+, versus the $50 +/- cost of spraying everything inside.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by elijahpr
I think the 6th gen Accords only came with grey leather as an option, and that was on the EX models. I looked online at the junkyards inventory after I saw your post, and there's nothing

I discovered two other options:

Dying the cloth parts, or using a Duplicolor cloth/vinyl spray (essentially the same thing). I've been reading up on this process, and it seems to fade after two years or so. I won't have the car by that time, so that's not a bad thing for me.

I also found a few sellers on eBay selling "genuine Honda leather seat covers". They claim it's the same stuff used at the factory. I'm skeptical. It's also $200+, versus the $50 +/- cost of spraying everything inside.
My 2001 Accord has a tan leather interior.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:51 PM

Sweet! Wanna trade?