Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Coloring The Dash

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 05:26 PM
id 713
Unregistered
Default Coloring The Dash

Aye wut up ight so my interior (the Dash) right now is a ugly sliver/grey

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i want to change it to a black or blue how do i change the color to get an effect like this??

Old 12-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Coloring The Dash

that looks like its all fiberglass, which is what gives it the flat shiny look, if you were to just paint it that blue it would prob look like crap. i dont know how you would go about changing the color.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:57 PM
id 713
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: live2rice

that looks like its all fiberglass, which is what gives it the flat shiny look, if you were to just paint it that blue it would prob look like crap. i dont know how you would go about changing the color.

so would i just take out the dash mix fiberglass and black paint sand it out and put layers on ??

Old 12-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

well i know very little about fiber glass other then its a complete "witch" to work with. That is how you would have to do it, layering it, but it would take a very long time and would be a royal pain in the ***. and i don tthink you would mix the paint with it, i think you would paint it when you are done, but as i said i dont know all that much about fiberglass.

ps if you do do this, please put a nice steering wheel on it cause that whole interior is ruined cause he was a wicked sweet custom dash and a stock steering wheel.

Old 12-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

alright I talked to my friend who knows more then I and he said this "build the frame from wood and lay fiberglass over it
then sand it and coat it with epoxy and paint"

Old 12-06-2006, 06:17 PM
id 713
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: live2rice

alright I talked to my friend who knows more then I and he said this "build the frame from wood and lay fiberglass over it
then sand it and coat it with epoxy and paint"

o ok so its just like buliding a fiberglass box for a system

Old 12-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

yeah, just alot more things to take into account.

Old 12-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Honestly if you gotta ask about fiberglass, don't do it. You will regret it. Making a box out of fiberglass is a good way to start, but building a dash is something someone with experience can only do and make it look look atleast decent. I've worked with fiberglass on boats since I was 10 with my dad. Fiberglass is a mission and a half to work with, and you really have to know what your doing, or will come out like complete crap. If you know someone who is good with fiberglass, do it with him and have him show you the ropes. Or spend spend a lot of money for someone to do it for it, it expensive b/c your paying not only for the labor, but the experience that goes with it. Or you could just not do it entirely, it will look pretty weird on a non show car. For it to look good you would have to redo your entire interior. A stock car with grey cloth interior will look so out of place with a glass dash.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:14 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

They do make some vinly kits n such on ebay that only cover the plastic trim pieces, not the entire dash. A set is about 50-100 bucks and I think they look nice