Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Complete interior makeover

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Complete interior makeover

Hey everyone. So I've planned a lot for my 95 accord in the upcoming week and an interior makeover happens to be one of the plans. This week I plan on installing a pair of HIDs that I just got for the car, putting in a transponder system in the car for true keyless entry, converting from a keyed start to a push button start, tinting the windows, and adding lexan needles to my instrument cluster.

Since doing all of this is going to require me to pull out my door panels and consoles, I thought that it's about time to paint the interior. my car is white exterior and tan/ brown interior, which I personally don't like. I'm slowly moving to black carpet, headliner, and seats so I think I want to change the dash, console, and trim as well.

I guess i'm mainly looking for suggestions as to what to do as far as interior coloring. I initially planned on vinyl wrapping everything carbon fiber black and white but changed my mind. Now I'm thinking of doing the interior mainly black with some white trim pieces and small parts and gunmetal accents on the handles, vents, buttons, etc... I'm at crossroads as to whether I should go with flat colors, or if I should throw a glossy clearcoat on everything or somethings. Maybe I shouldn't even go with black, white, and gray.... give me your suggestions or ideas as to what you think I should do. criticism is welcome too because I don't wanna drive around with a ride that everyone is gonna give me crap about either. Thanks!

Last edited by shehadehd; 08-30-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Newest Of Newbies

So a quick update.

I dumped the whole vinyl idea and adopted a new one to dye the car interior. I've already removed all the interior, including the door panels and I'm ready to dye it. I chose SEM vinyl and fabric spray paint for the dye and the color mix bluebird brown/Santa Fe. It's a near match to the brown/tan interior for the accord but the colors are more vivid and hopefully will give a classy look. I'm currently trying to find a way to remove the carpet, dashboard, and headliner so I can dye them too.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I've finished most of the job with only the dashboard and door panels left. I'm haveing mixed thoughts on the center console though. Right now, as you can see, it is split between light and dark brown. I'm wondering if I should make the whole center console cream with only the arm rest brown and the bezel black. What do you think?

Name:  pfhoto.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  91.0 KB

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  95.2 KB

Old 09-10-2012, 09:33 PM

How does this Lexan needles look? TIA

Old 09-11-2012, 01:48 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by AccorDats
How does this Lexan needles look? TIA
They look pretty nice. They aren't as bright as a car designed for lexans but I'm getting new LEDs in that should redirect more light to them. I'll send put up a picture when they come in.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 AM

So the needles light up? Is it safe to unplug the needle from the cluster?

Anyway, post some photos when you are done

Goodluck

Old 09-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by AccorDats
So the needles light up? Is it safe to unplug the needle from the cluster?

Anyway, post some photos when you are done

Goodluck
The needles do light up. If you keep the light from above the cluster then they light up nicely. But I wanted my cluster to be back-lit only, so I uninstalled those lights.

Hopefully, when I add those other leds to redirect the light, it will light them up nicely.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:19 PM

 lousy spammer. Too bad I screwed around too long and lost my mod powers or I'd ban you

Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by 00AccordLX5spd
 lousy spammer. Too bad I screwed around too long and lost my mod powers or I'd ban you
Who are you even talking to?

Old 09-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Spammer was deleted.

Looks good, I like the 2-tone look. Removing the dash is a ton of work. A lot of wiring harnesses attached to it. Be sure to label harnesses with tape and letters so you don't hassle with figuring out where everything went.

Quick Reply: Complete interior makeover