Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Converting my car to the Accord SiR

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Default Converting my car to the Accord SiR

I've been wanting to mod my car, and at first I thought of rice, but when I saw the 5th generation Accord SiR, I immediately fell in love with it. What would it take for me to convert my 97 Accord LX into a 97 Accord SiR, apperance, interior, exterior, and engine? I want it to mimic the look of the SiR with the exception of a Mugen body kit, the H22A, and upgraded headers, intake and exhaust. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Default RE: Converting my car to the Accord SiR

cash

Old 10-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: stevent

cash
and lots of it

to start with i have NEVER seen the SIR tail lights for sale, and it would take extensive body work to get them to fit

Old 10-11-2007, 10:43 PM

first, lemme say that the SiR taillights are OEM factory taillights. hence why i have them on my car. anyway, it wont be an SiR without the heart. the h22 makes the SiR. but you can be a poser, i can help with that. the Mugen wasnt any part of an SiR either. SiR was simply the highest trim in some counties. all the parts are factory. remember, JDM is just another word for OEM. look at my sig link for Mods to get a better idea of what to look for.

you can go as deep as you want with this. you can get that expensive rear wiper, the useless intersection lights, the extremely expensive and inconvenient right hand drive conversion, the list goes on. then, are you going to make it JUST like a true SiR? that means no drop, no kit, no nothing aftermarket. again, how **** are you gonna be? the 94-95 SiR had a regular 94-95 stock grill but i prefer the Mugen much better, see what i mean? i drew my line, just decide yours.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:27 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: Velocifero

the extremely expensive and inconvenient right hand drive conversion,
Red Green did that on his show once! hahahaha Though it didnt look the best....

Old 10-12-2007, 02:24 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Ship a used one over from Japan. Simple.

"If women don't find you handsome, they'll at least find you handy."

I love Red Green

Old 10-12-2007, 12:13 PM

Hey Velocifero, you're right. I do feel like I want to draw a line between a true SiR and my car. I would at least like the headlights and all those useless lights. The rear wiper would be extremely useful for my car since it rains all the time down here. I don't think the DMV would like the driver side on the right side of the car, so I'm just gonna keep it on the left. I would like to model my car somewhat after yours. Where did you get that nice looking rear spoiler on your Accord? Some things that aren't SiR that I would like on my car is a painted carbon fiber hood (for less weight), a Mugen body kit, and of course the headers, intake, and exhaust, and racing seats and belts. Also, does anyone know where I can get a gauge cluster for the H22? I know that the engine redlines a little higher than mine, and I would like to see that. Also, where can I get that one speedometer that displays the large numbers in km/h and small ones in mph and goes up to 140 mph (I can't think of what that is in km/h off the top of my head)?

Old 10-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Actually, after reading this post last night I found an SiR gauge cluster on craigslist for $180....

here's the link:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/pts/445860961.html

Old 10-12-2007, 06:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Antarctica

Hey Velocifero, you're right. I do feel like I want to draw a line between a true SiR and my car. I would at least like the headlights and all those useless lights. The rear wiper would be extremely useful for my car since it rains all the time down here. I don't think the DMV would like the driver side on the right side of the car, so I'm just gonna keep it on the left. I would like to model my car somewhat after yours. Where did you get that nice looking rear spoiler on your Accord? Some things that aren't SiR that I would like on my car is a painted carbon fiber hood (for less weight), a Mugen body kit, and of course the headers, intake, and exhaust, and racing seats and belts. Also, does anyone know where I can get a gauge cluster for the H22? I know that the engine redlines a little higher than mine, and I would like to see that. Also, where can I get that one speedometer that displays the large numbers in km/h and small ones in mph and goes up to 140 mph (I can't think of what that is in km/h off the top of my head)?
check ebay for a replica of my spoiler, it's Mugen. and a painted CF hood and SiR tach just like me huh? i guess im flattered. but dear lord dont get the higher tach if it doesnt go that high, that is really being a poser.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:28 PM

I need the speedometer to also read in mph, not just km/h. Does the h22 redline between 7 and 8?

Quick Reply: Converting my car to the Accord SiR