Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Ebay Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Sego
Unregistered
Default Ebay Project

Hello everyone, i have decided to create an Ebay Project,
Everything added has to be from Ebay and cheap, it's a big experiment to see what actually works and what each bit does.
I created agroup on Facebook called the Ebay project(http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...324&ref=mf)
So far I have bought the Car 280 pound
Induction Kit (replacement Cone) 10 pound I would now describe it as a SRI (sounds excellent by the way)
So if anyone has any thing they want to experiment on before blowing there own honda up try mine.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Default RE: Ebay Project

I like the idea, how about some of those dirt cheap coilovers and headers

Old 04-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Sounds like a neat idea... for those of us without facebook accounts, can you describe your project in more detail?

It might be hard to get some of the guys involved as you only have 2 posts, and are linking to a page requiring a login.

Personally, I don't do the networking sites, so.. yeah...

Old 04-17-2008, 10:28 AM

i too would like to know if the super cheap coilovers and headers from ebay are effective at all?

Old 04-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The coilovers are not a wise decision. Neither are the chips.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:16 AM

oh why is that? are the springs garbage or something?

Old 04-17-2008, 05:20 PM

well ya i figured they wouldnt be good but i want to see how they are

Old 04-18-2008, 06:09 AM
Sego
Unregistered

yeah ive been looking at those coil overs, £100/$200 for a set. Just got to find out how to install them, i try to do everything myself you see, but my Hydrolic jack exploded on me thank god for axel stands, so under car work cannot happen, Im using a Haynes performance manual, they actually use my car as a demo, however they dont do a manual for my car for some weird reason.
So far i added an induction cone, silicone leads and have a stainlessexhaust manifold/hedder and backbox, however the bolts are beyond seized and are an absolute nightmare, and i just cannot get them off, also i need to weld an extention pipe to the header, and i know a guy who does stainless welding.
I am in the process of replacing the pipes and tubes with nice blue ones, i have taken the valve cover off, grinded it and painted it gold. And to top it all off i have chrome taped the grill, which actually looks really good.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:24 AM
mxjoe388
Unregistered

what r u thinkin u have a right hand drive accord and ur gunna egay it up.how could u.sell it to me and take mine and go ebay on it

Old 04-25-2008, 03:26 AM
Sego
Unregistered

Well yes im british, cars generally are right hand drive,
what car do you have, a 2.4 or V6?and would you pay all the import costs?
No, im trying to save it from the scrappers, replacing parts as the money comes in, I have a whole new stainlessmanifold(header) and backbox for the exhaust system which came to 100 pound, which is very good, problem is getting the old exhaust off. the bolts might as well of been welds.

Quick Reply: Ebay Project