Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Ebay Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Sego
Unregistered
Default RE: Ebay Project

Right i have the lowering coilovers, for 50 pounds, i got them and lots of other things from jdmhondaparts.
they look ok, but i dont know how to dissassemble my suspension!? but once that gets done i can install them easily.
Other things added are a full induction kit (sort of a long SRI?), support struts, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulater. so the engine bay is starting to sparkle, still waiting out for the installation of my stainless exhaust manifold.
Ok i have a couple of pics in the gallery, titled ebay project. They show what im doing in the engine bay, just shows how a couple of things can really liven up your bay

Old 05-24-2008, 08:08 AM
Sego
Unregistered

I managed to fit the new lowering springs, The ride has dropped about 2 inches, and seriously firmed up, before it was like riding a pudding now its a metal sledge over gravel. And combined with the support struts handling is amazing. Unfortunatly i cannot fit the back springs as they are far too short, I suspect the previous owner had a repair done and used different springs shocks the works cause the springs are now too narrow to sit on the spring seat thing.
anyway i also installed the adjustable fuel pressure regulator and in creased the pressure by 10 % to about 50psi, combined with the induction kit it actually makes a noticeable difference in feel it always wants to go faster and roars in to action, great.
And i finally found a Haynes manual, they are very rear and only produced in america, so its 4cyl model is the 2.2L SOHC while mine is the 2.0L DOHC but outside the engine its all pretty much the same.
Still haven't got that damn exhaust manifold off!

Old 05-31-2008, 02:43 PM
Sego
Unregistered

Cheap Coilovers
I have now properly fitted the lowering coilovers to every wheel, the front ones were no problem the only mod i had to do was shorten the dustcovers by about half. The rear required more work, i had to cut the sponge-stop thing in half and remove the small thick metal disk and completly remove the dust cover. However it all looks good and has really firmed up the ride and makes you feel like your going faster, i was doing 20mph but it it felt good!
So my verdict is a good one, but lets wait until i have done a few hundred miles on them first.
here is the link for the installation guide and a look at what i have:- http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/c...stallation.htm

Old 05-31-2008, 06:22 PM

wow funny thing is is i have had some cheap coilovers in the house but i never used them for fear of bouncing

Old 10-24-2008, 02:55 AM
Sego
Unregistered

I have just received the Turbo kit, just got to find a tuning shop to make the pipes and fit and adjust it for me, cause its way too complex for me
But should make a big improvement especially as i also have a full SS De-Cat exhaust system.
Then ill look more into brakes and the shocks, for the moment the cheap coilovers are going ok with the standard shocks but need spot welding, and going over speed bumps is painful,
But after this and the engine is running good, ill start on the exterior, get some of the rust patches off and have it resprayed.