Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Ebay Projectors !

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Default Ebay Projectors !

Hey Guys , i am a noob when it comes to headlighting system.......a cheap option is to buy ebay projectors but all the research iv done shows the light output is very less. Can the ebay projectors use Stock bulbs ? i Have a 97 accord so can i use 9005/9006 Silverstar with my ebay projectors ?
Also most ppl say you use H1 or H3 bulbs with projectors , do we use either of them or both of them ? are there again different bulbs for low and high beam , or the same ?
Any help would be appreciated
thanks

Old 11-04-2007, 11:30 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Ebay Projectors !

Ive got ebay projectors. The light output is not as good, but the brights are pretty good. The ebay projectors will make you use H1 bulbs. I have H1 silverstars in my lows. Sometimes i think the light is ok and others I dont.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:11 AM

i had the projectors but switched back to stock because of the poor light output. but you can switch to hid bulbs, there just not the 9006s

Old 11-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

look at my pics in the gallery. I have TYC projectors with 5000k HID's

Old 11-05-2007, 03:27 PM

do the TYC projectors come in black housing too or just chrome ?
also Do we have to use BOTH H1 and H3 or just one would do both the work for low and high beam ?

ANy final Advice , whether to go with ebay projectors ?

also i found this site for bulbs what you guys think ? http://www.eautoworks.com/html/light_bulbs.cfm

Old 11-05-2007, 03:32 PM

Falkore >>>>>> Cool fKin lIghts ! , are they black TYC or smoke ?
are they single piece ( one for right , left ) or 2 pieces for each side ?
how much did they cost you and would you have the link to the place or the site you got them from ?
appreciate it

Old 11-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

my lights are black, not smoked. 1 piece for each side on the fronts ...... the rears are 4 pieces total. I changed all of the lights over 2 years ago, so I don't know where I got them or how much I paid. The light output wasn't bad, but also not great before the HID upgrade. I think the kit uses H1's for hibeam and lowbeams. I have to upgrade the hibeam bulbs. The lowbeams were H1's, but HID now.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:29 PM

so there are 2 seperate kits for low beam and high beam eh ?
wut if i dont buy the HID kit but jus get the projectors and use H1 for both low and high beam , how would that be ?

Old 11-10-2007, 12:41 AM
jdmaccord00
Unregistered

i got ebay projections lights with the angel eyes and at first they were really bad and i could only drive with the brights but then i just adjusted the lights and now my lights go as far as my brights
but all u gotta do on the ebay ones is adjust teh lights
there 4 metal adjuster behind the main light u just gotta mess with those till you get it right
i also added some fog ligst and that seemed to help as well

Old 11-20-2007, 12:29 AM

projectors are gay. I had the black one piece. the halos burned out quick. the light projection is not very good although they make a nice design as the light projects onto the road. go with some jdm headlights or take apart the factory headlights and paint the inside black but make sure you only do the sides and not the back portion where the bulb is at. use engine enamel cuz ur gonna need a paint that can resist high heat. set ur oven to 300 put ur headlights in(disassemble first) for 5 mins so that the glue can soften, and carefully pry them apart bcuz the plastic can break being heated up like that.I did it to mine. then I put the jdm corners on.

Quick Reply: Ebay Projectors !