Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

EZ Lip installed on my 07 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Default EZ Lip installed on my 07 Accord

I got a bunch of scratches, even where the paint is partially gone, on the bottom of my bumper after lowering my 2007 Honda Accord EX-L, & just put on an EZ Lip (front lip & side skirts), which will hopefully protect it from now on. Just posting this here to give something back to the forums that I’ve used to help me out countless times… so here’s some pictures for anyone who’s been thinking about this product, or anyone looking for a body kit but couldn’t find anything (I can’t find any kit anywhere and I’m not paying several hundred dollars for one either). I also couldn’t find pictures of it on my car, or any 7th gen Accord, to see how it’d look. So hopefully this helps someone out there.

Short installation instructions/tips:
I installed it last weekend. For those wondering, it has to be installed in about 23 degree Celsius weather (it was 21 when I did it), and you’ll need a heat gun or blow dryer, which I HIGHLY recommended, to warm up the tape (and possibly the body of your car if you want). It took about an hour maybe, after cleaning and drying the bottom of the car, but I really took my time. Before starting though.. I’d recommend you put it against your car to see how you’d want it to look, because you want to hide the tape and also plan on where you’d like the lip to end exactly…

So after cleaning the areas, peel back the red cover on the tape, and heat up a foot length of the tape at a time for about 30 seconds, then the body the car for a few seconds, and slowly apply the EZ Lip. Once you start, it’s easy, just follow the outline of the car, and heat up the tape & car as you go. If you screw up at all, it’s easy to just pull off a small section & keep going. Once you’re done one section though.. I had trouble cutting off the extra at the end of the EZ Lip that extended beyond the body.. mostly because I used the worst scissors in the world… but eventually it worked out. That’s the only complicated part.

As for the actual product itself, I’ve only had it on for a week. I didn’t mind the look of it not being shiny, but if you want it to be (and I did), apply tire shine to it and it looks amazing. I like the way it looks on my car and so has everyone else so far.. not that I really care, I just want something to protect the front bumper & this looks like it’ll work if something happens. Lots of MASSIVE pot holes and ridiculous ramps to parking lots in Toronto…. Also, I don’t think it’ll just fall off at any point randomly (the tape is really good)… even if it scratched against a curb or something it would just easily bend, and bend itself back, which you can’t have with a real body kit.

Also, if this is the wrong place to post this, someone please move it. I also know you can’t see much from some of the pictures but it’s the best I could do for now due to the weather & limited time..

Name:  IMG_172029_zps6ab18ef4.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  138.8 KB

Name:  IMG_171412_zps0a6c8b45.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  104.5 KB

Attached Thumbnails EZ Lip installed on my 07 Accord-img_171558_zpsd7fefa74.jpg   EZ Lip installed on my 07 Accord-img_143620_zps3e6a2c47.jpg  
Old 05-18-2013, 05:52 PM

Looks great man! Im digging the way your car looks! I have a 06 same color.

where did you get those headlights? I am looking for some like that! did you have to do anything different when hooking those lights up or do you just put your existing bulbs in the unit and your good?

I really want to get some of those headlights but I dont know what it takes to install them?

also where did you get the fogs and how do you hook those up?

Car looks sic man I like the way the EZ lip looks! good job!

Old 05-20-2013, 11:54 AM

Thanks!
The headlights are stock, but retrofitted TL projectors on the outside, and FX-R on the inside (high beam). Don't do that though, the TLs are way too big so there's a mountain of problems with the lights. I have to re do them with either FX-Rs only or a mix of those and Morimoto mini. Best place to start is theretrofitsource.com.

The problem is some random guy did mine first and butchered them, then someone else fixed them up but it's too difficult to fix.. so I'll be selling off the TLs and FXR projectors as is, or whatever people want them for soon. They'll be taken out of the housing (not selling the housing cuz there's problems). Anyway that website tells you where you can either go to, or send your lights, or buy a new pair of lights and they can do a custom job for you.

The fog lights are from a Ford Fusion, got them from some guy on some forum can't remember where, but they only work for me cuz I used to have those cheap fog lights from k2motors or whatever it's called and used their housing, and put lexan glass in front of those projectors.

I didn't hook any of those up myself, a retrofitter here did it. They all require d2s bulbs and ballasts, etc. Check out that retrofit website it tells you everything.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:55 PM

I will check out that website for sure man! Thanks for the info! Do you have lowering springs on your car? That is another thing i am looking in to!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:04 AM

No problem. The lowering springs are Tein Comfort Sport.. bought from here:

Tein Suspension CST Coilover-Damper Kit, 04+ CL9 Acura TSX GSA42-K1SS3 - HeelToe Automotive
Yes it's for the Acura TSX 04-08.. spring rates are about the same & the fit is the same. I have 0 complaints about them, and they're comfortable. Bought it from there too, with the EDFC (you'll want this).. however it's updated now & looks way better than what I have.... You'll also need the Ingalls camber kit. I'm 100% sure about that because I needed it.

EDFC Active Controller kit (For use with EDFC Motor Kit), EDK04-P8021 :: Suspension :: Acura TSX 2003-2008 CL9 :: HeelToe Automotive

TEIN USA | PRODUCTS | EDFC ACTIVE

There's also apparently a GPS kit that adjusts the EDFC for you.. but I don't know anything about it and I don't have it. Either way the springs are cheaper now than what they used to be...

Old 05-21-2013, 08:26 AM

Dang those are expensive what if I just want to go with lowering springs not coilovers? What I need ot camber kit if I just put lowering springs on?

Originally Posted by adaml315
No problem. The lowering springs are Tein Comfort Sport.. bought from here:

Tein Suspension CST Coilover-Damper Kit, 04+ CL9 Acura TSX GSA42-K1SS3 - HeelToe Automotive
Yes it's for the Acura TSX 04-08.. spring rates are about the same & the fit is the same. I have 0 complaints about them, and they're comfortable. Bought it from there too, with the EDFC (you'll want this).. however it's updated now & looks way better than what I have.... You'll also need the Ingalls camber kit. I'm 100% sure about that because I needed it.

EDFC Active Controller kit (For use with EDFC Motor Kit), EDK04-P8021 :: Suspension :: Acura TSX 2003-2008 CL9 :: HeelToe Automotive

TEIN USA | PRODUCTS | EDFC ACTIVE

There's also apparently a GPS kit that adjusts the EDFC for you.. but I don't know anything about it and I don't have it. Either way the springs are cheaper now than what they used to be...

Old 05-21-2013, 10:23 PM

Not sure if you need the camber kit if you only get springs. You can Google that.. I spent a thousand hours googling everything for my car. I did get coilovers over springs though cuz I didn't like how I couldn't choose the ride height with springs. I think, not sure, that if you get springs you still have to deal with your factory shocks, etc, and the ride won't be as comfortable... but you should find people who got springs instead, see what they say. And btw those coilovers used to be about $2000, not including the EDFC, or camber kit. Also if you can find other people with lower prices, heeltoe's owner will likely give you a discount, especially if you get the camber kit, etc. He did for me.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:12 AM

What is EdfC and what does it do?

I would eventually like to get a coilover setup but I do not have that much money right now.
that is why I was wondering about the lowering springs because they are the cheaper route. I just want to put lowering springs on my stock shocks and lower it about an inch and a half. But eventually I would like to get it way lower than that

Not sure if you need the camber kit if you only get springs. You can Google that.. I spent a thousand hours googling everything for my car. I did get coilovers over springs though cuz I didn't like how I couldn't choose the ride height with springs. I think, not sure, that if you get springs you still have to deal with your factory shocks, etc, and the ride won't be as comfortable... but you should find people who got springs instead, see what they say. And btw those coilovers used to be about $2000, not including the EDFC, or camber kit. Also if you can find other people with lower prices, heeltoe's owner will likely give you a discount, especially if you get the camber kit, etc. He did for me.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:36 AM

It just changes the softness/hardness of ride. You can change it as you drive. Which way you go is up to you.. I suppose you could sell your used springs off to someone after... or you could just look for someone who might be selling those coilovers? (or lowering springs)
either way just look on the forums for what people prefer, that's what i do..

Old 05-23-2013, 11:11 AM

I got ya man. Yeah i have been doing some research it sounds like you dont need a camber kit unless your dropping over 2and inches. But i will eventually get those coilovers.
I just want a "for the time being' lower car lol.

Thanks for your help stoked to see what u mod in your car next. I need yo catch up haha!

It just changes the softness/hardness of ride. You can change it as you drive. Which way you go is up to you.. I suppose you could sell your used springs off to someone after... or you could just look for someone who might be selling those coilovers? (or lowering springs)
either way just look on the forums for what people prefer, that's what i do..

Quick Reply: EZ Lip installed on my 07 Accord